College finals

The 6 Aspects Of NOT Having Finals

I'm done y'all... for now.

95
Clariza Adao
Clariza Adao

Happy finals season! I know a lot of you are stuDYING. Meanwhile, I'm just chillin' here because I do not have finals. WOOOO. For the past two weeks, I have been stressed out with final papers, final projects, and two "final" exams. I'm glad that all of that is over. Here is what it is like to not have finals.

1. Relieved

Happy

The best way to end the semester is not having to take a final. I'm grateful for this moment, despite me struggling for the past two weeks. This is a perfect trade-off. I work too hard, so I deserve this early start to break. I can just sit back and relax, while everyone is freaking out about finals.

2. Jealousy 

Smh

Every time I tell people I don't have finals, I usually get this look and "WHAT, HOW?" or "That must be nice..." Don't hate the player, hate the game. It's not my fault a plethora of Communication and Gender and Women's Studies professors don't like giving their students finals. Your girl was just lucky.

3. Guilt 

Ehhh

Being an empath entails one's mood is influenced by other people. I don't feel bad about not having finals. However, I feel bad about other people being stressed out about finals. I can just sense everyone's vibe and they just feel so tense which starts to make me tense and stressed for no reason. I just wish the best of luck for everyone who has finals.

4. Bored 

Bored

I am used to being preoccupied with responsibilities. It feels weird having nothing to do. It kind of sucks not having finals because most of my friends are too busy studying for their upcoming finals and final projects. I need to accept that it's okay to be bored and it's okay to not have a lot of things to do. It is okay to do nothing sometimes, so I'll just enjoy it while it lasts.

5. Innovative 

Think

A person can spend so long just doing nothing. Eventually, I get bored of that so I have to find new ways to entertain myself. Lately, I have been spending time exploring the campus. I've lived on this campus for four years, yet I have not done everything I wanted to do on campus, such as ice skating at the Ice Arena and playing pool at the Rec Room in the Illini Union. Moreover, I took advantages of the free events on campus for finals season (i.e. free food at the ARC). Might as well. I'm practicing my right as a student to go to these events.

6. Forgetful

Ahhh

Honestly, I have been losing track of the days due to the lack of routine I have now. I have been burnt out before the semester ended. As soon as I was done with my last assignment, I lost my routine. Even though I am done with school responsibilities, that does not mean I don't have responsibilities. My laundry has been piled high, I have not packed for winter break, my room is a mess, and I forgot I still have to write articles by the deadline. Oops.

The semester is almost over. I'm rooting for you!