What It's Like To Live With 8 Girls

What It's Like To Live With 8 Girls

Just a messy apartment

18
What It's Like To Live With 8 Girls
Ingle International

A month ago I packed up my things, moved 300 miles from home, and decided to live with seven other girls. Thats right. Seven. The last month has been quite an adventure, but I couldn't imagine my life any other way.

Living with eight girls in one apartment comes with a lot of stuff. Between the decorations, the coffee mugs, and the hair supplies, we have stuff everywhere. We didn't think it was quite a problem until inspections started coming. Now we actually have to find a place for all of our stuff.

Although we all have a lot, it does come in handy. For example, if you want to borrow a top for your night out, or if you want someone else to do your hair with their curling iron. You also will never run out of hair ties or bobby pins as long as their are eight girls in the house.

Another great part about living with eight different people is that their is always someone to hang out with. The odds of you being home by yourself is slim, and even if you are, I am sure some roommate will be home within the hour. With people coming and going, this means you can have someone to go eat breakfast with, go on an afternoon stroll with, or go to the club. There is never a dull moment with eight people, so don't ever think that you will be bored.

Always having some one to do something with is great, but the best thing is what we learn from each other. Eight people mean eight different backgrounds, eight different views, eight different opinions. Sometimes this isn't always a great thing. We do argue because there are so many different thoughts floating around, but thats normal.

The best times is when we all do get along. We can stay up all night talking about nothing, or talking about everything. We bring so many different things to the table that it makes life lively. Wether you are from a small town in Wyoming, or basically lived life in New York City there is always a tale to be told and a laugh to be shared.

Living with eight people has opened my eyes to a whole new world. I have become more understanding to others needs and have learned to live with so many different kinds of people.

Even though being away from home is hard, living with seven other people makes it sometimes okay. There is always someone to cry with or someone to comfort you and within a month, you already realize you have friends for life.

Even though our apartment is normally messy and making plans is impossible, living with eight girls in an apartment is great. Thank you to my newest friends and roommates, life wouldn't be the same without you.