Wake Up Without Your Phone For The Best Start of Your Day
Health Wellness

Set Yourself Up For Success By Waking Up In The Morning Without Touching Your Phone

Plan your day in your head. Count your blessings. Those two minutes may change your entire day.

135

When you wake up, what is the first thing you do? The first thing you think of? Do you reach for your phone right away? Does your brain just scream "ugh?" Do you take the time to focus yourself for the day?

Those first two minutes when you wake up is the time where your brain kicks into gear and your body responds. What kind of energy do you want feed your mind and body within those two minutes? For me, I usually reach right for my phone. Checking my notifications, responding to emails right away, watching every story on Instagram and Snapchat to see what I missed the nigh before. I didn't realize how this may be affecting my start to the day until I tried something different this morning.

When I woke up this morning, I decided to do nothing but wake up. I didn't sleepily scroll through my Instagram or texts. I just laid there. I let myself toss and turn a little bit, letting my eyes open without force and my brain to turn on without some screen fogging my initial thought process. Most importantly, I allowed my brain to kick into gear and begin to think.

Things started to click when I actually woke up. I was mapping out my day in my head, setting mini goals for myself. "I need to be done work by 4:00 in order to get to the gym by 5:00. When I'm done the gym, then I can get my to-do list done." I got out of bed ready for the tasks I had to accomplish that day. I actually didn't even check my phone until I was out the door headed for work.

I sat in my Uber with such a clear mind and positive attitude. I began to count all the things I was grateful for. I went to work and kicked butt. I went to the gym. I met up with a friend afterwards for drinks. I got my to-do list done. I went to bed at 9:00PM. I woke up the next day in a great mood.

Long story short, set yourself up for success in the morning by waking up. Yes, you heard me... Wake up! Don't grab your phone or turn on the radio. Just lay there and allow your brain to kick into gear. Plan your day in your head. Count your blessings. Those two minutes may change your entire day.