Why Voting In 2020 Matters Now More Than Ever

We have a right to exercise our rights as citizens to make the world a better place.

95
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=545401842580698&set=pcb.545402305913985&type=3&theater
Paula Garrido-Lecca

2020 has been a hard year for everyone. We've had to deal with two pandemics in the last six months alone, corona virus and racism. The lack of real leadership is evident and for that, our need to vote in this upcoming election is number one priority.

Voting is not just for the President. We vote in who's in the state senate, supreme court, mayors, the DA's, judges, sherrifs, etc. We also vote in state legislators and local and state legislations that enforce policies that are for the people. These are people in control of what happens when it comes to laws, legislation, and how we live. Our vote matters so much even the powers above us have gone lengths to manipulate it so things don't change.

Voter Supression is real, specifically in the south. Georgia, one of the red states, has been the victim of voter surpression. Counties with high black populations like Fulton and Forsyth county had citizens waiting in mile long lines for hours to cast their votes. The machines were either broken or there weren't enough at the location. Even when I went to go vote on Tuesday, there were only four voting machines at my polling place. The line was wrapped around the room by the time I got to the front. The govenor wants to blame them for lack of prepardness but it's the govenor's job to make sure people are trained on how to properly operate machines and that all votes are casted. If this is happening in Georgia, it's going to happen in places New York, Kentucky, and Virginia in the coming weeks.

So here's some homework I want to give you. Research your canidates, know who you are going to vote for and what their plans are once in office. Vote early or by mail if possible. Don't leave the lines, they want your vote to not be counted. We have had it with how this country has been run for four years and the disrespect every gender and race has reicieved. We are ready for a new era of change and it starts right now in 2020.