11 Chain Restaurants That Offer Great Vegan Options

11 Mouthwatering, Realistic Vegan Meals At Your Favorite Chain Restaurants

You don't have to give up your vegan lifestyle in order to eat out!

559

Sometimes it's even greater to find a restaurant that is both vegan and meat-friendly than it is to find a vegan restaurant. It can be so tough to find a place that will have options for everyone. This is why I decided to make an easy guide of eleven different restaurants that anyone can order vegan.

1. Veggie skillet at Denny's

If you're opting for a healthier option, try any of the breakfast skillets at Denny's without the eggs and cheese. You'll have a blend of sautéed vegetables and seasoned red-skinned potatoes. Delicious and healthy? What a win!

2. So much vegan food at Taco Bell

Taco Bell has so many great options for vegans — like, literally. This fast-food chain has a variety of sides that are vegan—including the cinnamon twists, chips and guacamole, cilantro rice, black or refried beans, and potatoes. My personal favorite is the Bean Burrito "fresco style." Several of Taco Bell's other dishes can be veganized simply by omitting a few ingredients or asking for it "fresco style."

3. Plant-based bowl, burrito, or tacos at Chipotle

As someone who has worked at Chipotle for almost a year now, I can tell you that this is my favorite vegan fast food without a doubt. Chipotle offers Sofritas — organic tofu braised with peppers and spices — which you can order in a bowl, burrito, taco, or salad. You have the option of black or pinto beans and brown or white rice. Plus, the restaurant has a great selection of vegan toppings, including mixed fajita veggies, salsas, lettuce, and guacamole.

4. Zucchini Spicy Peanut Saute with Tofu at Noodles & Company

The tofu is crispy (not squishy), while the sauce is a mixture of sweet and spicy without being too much of either. I order the small serving and its still a very generous serving. Also, add Sriracha on top for extra spice.

5. Pizza at Papa Johns

The sauce and original hand-tossed dough are vegan, so go ahead and order your veggie pizza as usual — but without cheese. Go to town on the veggie toppings, and get extra garlic dipping sauce which is also vegan.

BONUS: For Illinois State University students, make sure to apply 'ISU40' to your order to save money!

6. Veggie wrap at Subway

Subway's veggie wrap without cheese and mayo is delicious.

Pro tip: Take your Subway game to the next level by adding your own vegan toppings — Tofurky, vegan mayo, and Daiya cheese.

7. Bagels at Einstein Bros. Bagels

Now with vegan cream cheese — and seventy percent of the menu containing dairy-free bagel options — this is a great breakfast option. On the side, you can get a fruit cup and kettle chips.

8. Lentil quinoa bowl at Panera

This plant-based bowl has quinoa, lentils, brown rice, and kale in a soy broth. Top it off with a Green Passion or Blueberry Pomegranate Power Smoothie and you can make a protein-packed meal.

9. Bread sticks and pasta at Olive Garden

The best things in life are free and vegan. Case in point: OLIVE GARDEN'S BREADSTICKS. The "butter" on the breadsticks isn't actually butter — it's soy. Get breadsticks with the many different pasta options available, such as whole wheat linguine with marinara sauce and broccoli. This also comes with free unlimited salad or minestrone soup. The best part about being vegan here is choosing which type of pasta to order.

10.  Vegan pizza at Blaze

Unlike Pizza Hut, Little Caesars, and Papa Johns — which all offers vegan dough and sauce — Blaze offers vegan cheese! All the crusts here are vegan, and there is a huge variety of vegetables. You can also get a BBQ drizzle on top.

11.  Protein packed smoothie at Smoothie King

This is a great light meal replacement offering a better-for-you alternative for vegans who want to avoid other chain restaurants. The mango kale, pineapple spinach, dark chocolate banana, and nutty super grain are all vegan, calorie packed, and refreshing.