USC's Homecoming Game Night, 2018
Technology

USC's Homecoming Game Is The First Night Game Of The Season And Students Couldn't Be More Excited

Now, a Gamecock win is the only thing that could make it better.

84
Claudia Crowe

On Saturday, October 27, 2018, the USC Gamecocks take on the Tennessee Volunteers at 7:30 p.m. in William-Brice Stadium for USC's first night game of the season. USC's football team is currently 3-3 while Tennessee is 3-4. It's a match-up students anticipate every year and a crucial win for the Gamecocks this season.

Furthermore, it's Homecoming week! School pride is being celebrated October 23-29. There are events that have been occurring on campus daily and will continue. However, it's the Homecoming game that is the biggest event students are looking forward to. It being a night game, only amplifies the energy of Gamecock alumni, fans, and students.

Starting at 4:30 p.m. on Oct. 27th, the Homecoming Tailgate will take place on Greene Street. It's the perfect spot on campus due to it literally being campus' central spot and where students can ride free on game day shuttles to the stadium. Additionally, the Homecoming Cup winners will be announced at halftime during the game.

This game is the ideal opportunity to check off items on the USC Bucket List, which is a new tradition that Student Government has released during Homecoming Week. It's a list of 100 things all Gamecocks should do before they graduate.

#75 Swing a rally towel to Sandstorm during a USC football game.

#33 Take a snapshot with Cocky.

#24 Start the Gamecock call – "GAME!" "COCKS!"

These are a few of the things you can accomplish on the USC Bucket List before and during the game.

A coincidence, the first night game of this season for USC occurs the weekend before Halloween. Halloween, this year, is on Wednesday, October 31st. The atmosphere is going to be so electric, loud, and enthusiastic. It is spooky season.

The timing of this game couldn't correlate better: Halloween, Homecoming, and being the first night game. Not to mention, the cooler weather is a major plus in this "Famously Hot" capital city.

Night games for the Gamecocks in Williams-Brice are the best games to go to. The moment the sky is dark and the stadium is lit up is something all fans and students should experience. Everyone is energized from their Saturday spent either resting up or tailgating before the event. There are so many things that can be completed by the time the game rolls around.

Tailgating is a must and there are so many ones from Greene Street, on campus, to the State Fairgrounds, directly in front of the stadium, that will welcome anyone. Kick-off being at 7:30 p.m. allows for tailgate hopping, which is hard to do for a noon game if you're not up early.

Just going to the game itself, it would be worth the experience for this game. I believe all students should attend at least one night game for one of the most electrifying moments of school pride to be felt at this school.

Students at USC have been waiting for a night game all season and finally get one on an exciting week in Columbia.