Universal Christmas List For College Students

Sometimes college students don't know what to ask for but with this list, you'll know exactly what to get them.

49
History.com

Whenever someone asks me what I want for Christmas, it takes me a while to think of an answer. There are plenty of things I want, but won't actually ask for. I realized that there are plenty of students who must struggle with their Christmas wish list too. Therefore, I've composed a list that can help anyone shop for family or friends they know in college.

1. A Winning Lottery Ticket

Giving this gift is great, especially if it's worth a large sum of money. Everyone knows that college students are broke. Receiving a winning lottery ticket is far more exciting than the gift of cash. If it's a substantial amount, maybe the student can drop out and spend their life travelling or exploring their bizarre hobbies. Either way, it's a great idea!

2. Lots of Ramen

The most important food group to any college student is Ramen noodles. They're easy to make and delicious. Although they aren't exactly nutritious, Ramen noodles can be consumed at various times throughout the day. Whether it's 4 p.m. and you're looking for a little something before dinner or 3 a.m. when you're desperately trying to finish your paper. The various flavors leave options for everyone!

3. A Private Shower

Showering without shoes on is one of those things you don't think you'll miss until you have to do it for an entire semester. Giving the gift of a private shower eliminates the need for a protective barrier for the feet in the college showers. Most importantly, the person using it knows that the hair on the wall is their own.

4. Plenty of Sleep

Most college students feel like they never get enough sleep. If they do, they may wish that they could sleep anywhere (or in specific classes!). Sleep pods are expensive and most likely won't fit in a college dorm. The gift of sleep may be one of the greatest presents to give your tired college student.

5. An Unlimited Supply of Coffee

If you aren't able to give the gift of sleep, give the next best thing! The caffeine in the coffee is likely to help the student feel more awake during class or when they're studying late at night for their finals. Most colleges have a Starbucks on campus, but that can become expensive. Coffee is something that college students everywhere rely on.

6. A Home Cooked Meal

Let's be honest, college food sucks. It isn't so bad at the start of the semester, but as time passes, students long for the taste of something more... authentic. The yellow fluffy stuff made from liquid will never compare to home-made scrambled eggs, and the stale bagels won't ever be as good as anything you can find at a local shop. By the end of the year, nothing will compare to the taste of Christmas dinner.

7. Their Own Personal Assistant

It can become overwhelming trying to manage everything. Classes, meals, clubs, friends- making time for everything creates a lot of unnecessary stress for college students. A personal assistant will help ease the pressure of organizing and remembering every detail of the day.

8. A New Roommate

Living with a stranger can be a challenge. It's hard to adjust to a person's habits, good and bad. Sometimes it can be too much. Seeing someone everyday who you don't get along with can be stressful. This person might eat all of the food in the room or stay up until ridiculous hours. Giving a new roommate will change things up and might be beneficial.

9. More Space

In addition to a new roommate, perhaps the college student you know secretly wishes for more space in their dorm. The rooms are tiny, especially for two people.

10. A's on Final Exams

Finals are a stressful time for all college students. They spend weeks preparing and studying, hoping to earn good grades. The gift of an A on a final exam will leave the recipient feeling accomplished and ecstatic. With this present, you're going to be their favorite person for a while.

With this list, you'll be the best gift giver by far and everyone you know in college will appreciate you.