You Are Uniquely Crafted

You Are Uniquely Crafted

Stop critiquing yourself and others.

195
You Are Uniquely Crafted
Tiko Giorgadze

Cellulite, belly rolls, short legs, abs, flat, big boobs, short, tall, rib cage is poking out.

Dark skin, pale, little booty, mustache not coming in, no leg hair, muscular, small, big, short for a guy, too tall, flabby, high voice, Asian, black.

Whatever characteristics you may think defines you, doesn't. The way we look shouldn't have to impact the way we think of ourselves. I'm talking to everyone, of all genders and races.

You've probably heard this countless times before, but being different is a great thing. It's freeing and it allows so much room for you to express yourself.

Our body parts don't have to change for us to be considered loving and compassionate, right? The ideal look doesn't even exist! It's just an unhealthy concept that was manifested, resulting in us criticizing ourselves and others.

So stop judging others by the way they look. By accepting them for who they are, you are defying beauty standards and expectations.

Forget about the size of your thighs or how you look in your bathing suit. Stop counting your calories for every strawberry or french fry you eat and start focusing on your personal growth and happiness.

Okay, so you don't have plump lips like Kylie? Is that going to stop you from loving and accepting yourself? A pair of lips?

Guys, you aren't living in a world of competition. Stop comparing your muscles and beards to the guy next to you.

Stop looking at your progress and looking at others'. We are all in different stages of our lives.

You are allowed to aspire to be like someone in a variety of ways, but we aren't supposed to dedicate our energies to copying and pasting.

We shouldn't be too hard on ourselves considering our bodies are made up of trillions of cells and are thriving to make our lives better.

We should do that, too. Make our lives better.

If you want to change, go for it, but only do it in the terms of wanting to better yourself.

If it's something like a nose or boob job, really think about it. Is it really going to make the quality of your life better?

Absolutely not.

Growing up into young adulthood, I used to compare the size of my boobs to other girls. I told myself that when I grew older, I would save up money to get a boob job.

As I matured, I realized that I, in fact, do love my body for the way it is and would much rather spend the money on camera equipment instead.

From my experience, I found that confidence doesn't stem from changing your body. Confidence comes from accepting yourself and your physical features as well as expressing them.

That's beauty.

If you want to change your weight to just stay in shape and live a more healthy lifestyle, do it! But just keep in mind to not compare your progress to others at the gym.

It's so important to thoroughly weigh out the pros and cons. Don't make a change to conform to society's standards. Make a change if it will benefit you mentally, physically, spiritually, and/or emotionally.

Accept and love yourself for being a uniquely designed human being. You will feel a difference and you will see the world with fresh eyes.