When You're Under 5'4, All 13 Of These Things Are True AF For You

"Sometimes all I want is to be a few inches taller so the world does not look like a dense collection of torsos."

245
Short Girl

In my opinion, 5'4" isn't even that short but having a boyfriend that is a whole foot taller I'm seldom allowed to forget my height. However, what he doesn't know is that there are plenty of advantages to being shorter. In fact - I've seen a few studies that link height to longevity, meaning that some research shows short people live longer. I don't know if that necessarily holds much water but the point remains there are studies.

This of course is satire, directed at all the people who make fun of my height on a regular basis, which I'm sure many can relate to. However, sometimes we just need to have safe space to acknowledge and commiserate on the various, comical trials many like to point out.

If you can't laugh at yourself, then what's the point?

........Right?

Here are some things I may or may not collectively think on a regular basis as someone who isn't "average height".

Conversations often happen over the top of your head.

When people sitting down are almost the same height as you standing up. 

The reactions when you tell people your height.

It's inevitable there will be that one guy that steps in front of you at concerts, etc....even though he see's he's clearly five inches taller.

You look younger than you are.

I remember specifically as a high school senior with my cadet teaching class I would always be lectured in the middle school about wearing my ID because I would be mistaken for a 6th-8th grader.

Even though no one else wore theirs.

I have also been carded at movie theaters for rated R movies even though I'm 22.

However, when everyone else is 50 - I will look 30. Hahahahaha.

When your younger sibling starts to get taller than you.

You have to get creative when trying to reach things on higher shelves. 

Sorting through the piles of jeans at stores to find pants that are short.

Forcing your feet flat on the ground when you sit so they don't dangle.

Always having to look up some degree during conversations.

My head is very often confused with an arm rest.

Having to sit super close to the steering wheel while driving.

And being reminded every time someone tries to drive your car.

Wearing heels makes you "normal" height.

My Napoleon complex is satisfied.