20 Things You Realize When You're 20

20 Things You Realize When You're 20

No sleep is ever enough.

269
20 Things You Realize When You're 20
Pexels.com

Ahhh your 20s. Twenty can be such an irrelevant age. You’re no longer a teenager, but you’re not even “legal” to buy a drink at the bar. Pretty boring. But ever since I turned twenty, I have surprisingly realized a number of things. And no, I’m not going to go on and talk about how I had this revelation & somehow found myself within a matter of months. 20 is such a young age. You’re still in college or you may be working full time. 20 is also the pre-game to the real world. A whole bunch of things can happen within this decade. You may graduate, buy your first car, land your first career job, move into your first apartment, find your true love, get engaged, get married- the possibilities are endless. But within this decade, you'll learn a whole bunch of things in between.

Below are 20 random, but relevant, things I’ve learned/realized so far:

1. You’re not a little kid anymore.

2. College FLIES by way too fast. It’s Junior year already? Wtf.

3. You’re closer to figuring out what you want to do with your life. If not, you have somewhat of an idea.

4. Your metabolism has totally slowed down.

5. You learn how to balance and save your money. (Kinda)

6. You learn how to not splurge on food or clothes since you’ve been “balancing” your money

7. Being away from your parents at school makes you realize how much you really miss them.

8. You're always tired.

9. No sleep is never enough.

10. Work never ends.

11. If you have an opportunity to nap, TAKE IT.

12. You should take any opportunity in general.

13. Other people’s opinions don’t matter.

14. Coffee and tea are your best friends.

15. Looking up your symptoms on WebMD is not the best idea.

16. Stress is inevitable. Everyone has their different ways of dealing with it. It’s up to you to learn how to figure out the healthiest way.

17. It's the little things in life that can make you the happiest.

18. Trying new things is never a bad thing.

19. Trust your gut/instincts. They’re always right.

20. You must love yourself before you can love anyone else.

…. But one thing I haven’t learned is how to pick what I want to eat for dinner.