Getting through a rough year

I Made It Through And So Can You

This past year has taught me so much, and I am determined to make the next chapter the best yet.

30
I Made It Through And So Can You
Abby Sweeney

June 25th, 2019. If you had asked me last year what the significance of this date was, I would not have an answer. Today, this date means so much to me, and as I write this, "Hey Look Ma, I Made It" by Panic! At The Disco is playing on the radio. There couldn't be a more fitting song for me to hear today.

The significance of this date is that it means the hardest year I have ever had is over. On June 25th, 2018, it started to feel like my life was crashing down on me. It felt like everything bad that could happen to me, did happen in this past year. This year has been full of so much stress, fear, anxiety, and more.

Ever since around March, I have had the mindset of making it to this day. To just keep pushing through life and all that it throws at me until I reached this day.

Even when it felt like it was all I had to look forward to, I kept going, so I could be done with the year that seemed to never go how I wanted it to. It's not good to feel like you are only living to get to one specific day. You should be living in the moment as much as you can, and I wish I had realized this sooner, but it is all part of the journey.

I could not wait to get to this day, so I could say I made it through the toughest year that life has thrown at me. Today, I can say that. I did make it through the toughest year life has thrown at me. I kept going, kept pushing, and kept living life, and this is something I am so proud of.

Now that I have made it through this past year, I am so excited for what this next year has in store. This past year has taught me so much, and I am determined to make the next chapter the best yet. Although I may have gotten kicked to the ground multiple times this past year, I am beyond glad to be getting up, trying again, and living life one day at a time.

I could not have done it without the support system that I have, especially my teammate and best friend, Abby Yourkavitch. Here's to a better year than the last, not just for me, but for everyone else too. It's time to start over and live the life we have always dreamed of. Let's get this bread!