Top 5 Most Interesting Locales In The World

These places make you feel like you've stepped into a new world!

31

These five places will transport you into a new world, without you having to step on a rocket!

Socotra

https://www.pandotrip.com/socotra-island-in-yemen-601/

We start of with a scene that looks like it could have been pulled from a sci-fi movie. The main novelty of this particular island lies clearly in the trees. Unlike anything most people have seen before, these trees take on a similar appearance to that of mushrooms, equally confusing and a visual treat all together.

Zhangye Danxia Landform

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg23130862-800-rainbow-cake-mountains-show-stunning-slices-of-colour/

Moving up quickly in scale comes mountains. Mountains that have some of the most vivid colors that can be seen in nature are often the most appreciated, and this one definitely takes the cake. The Zhangye Daxia mountains look artfully colored in with beautiful shades, namely the color blue, which doesn't appear in such landforms often.

Thor's Well

http://www.boostyourphotography.com/2017/01/thors-well.html

Going in the opposite direction from the mountains, we see a vortex that may have created some of the most beautiful waterfalls that we have ever seen. The circular formation is equal parts beautiful and terrifying, a true embodiment of nature as a whole.

Mount Roraima

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/229331806006370718/

This mountain is one of the most jaw-dropping formations that has existed. It feels imposing yet part of the land that surrounds it, and the area around it makes it all the more beautiful. On good days, you'll get an almost unparralleled view down to the ground from dizzying heights, and on great days, the fog rolls in, making you feel like you're soaring above the skies.

Tianzi Mountains

https://m.visitourchina.com/zhangjiajie/attraction/the-tianzi-mountain.html

Last but oh so certainly not least, comes a place that looks like it was torn straight out of Avatar's world of Pandora. Jagged spikes of rock jut out from the ground, giving you a mystical aura when combined with fog. Unfortunately, due to keeping the beauty of the place intact, walkways along the spires have not been created, but walkways along the grounds are there for you to witness this unnatural beauty.