Top 5 Dumbest Things Couples Argue About

The top 5 things every couple argues about.

330
Happy Marriage Blueprint

Every couple argues, even if they say they don't. With being together all the time like most couples are or even living together, there are bound to be arguments every once in a while. Some of these arguments may be about things that actually matter, but I'm willing to bet the majority of the arguments are about stupid little things that don't really matter. My and my boyfriend are the crowned champions of arguing about dumb things that don't matter, so I've put together a little list of the top 5 things we argue about. I hope someone out there can relate to this; otherwise, my relationship might be in trouble!

1. WHERE TO EAT

This one is capitalized for obvious reasons. Every time we're heading to town to get something to eat, he'll ask me "So, what do you wanna eat?" and I'll say, "I don't know, where do you wanna go?" and he'll say, "Wherever you wanna go." I JUST SAID I don't know where I wanna go. So, then we'll have the same old argument about me never knowing what I want to eat, about me always wanting to eat at the same places, about him never telling me where he wants to eat, and about me always shooting down his ideas when he does tell me where he wants to eat...

2. The imaginary, but still relevant, line in the middle of the bed.

We're always saying to each other, "get back on your side of the bed." We even recently upgraded from a full-sized bed to a queen-sized in hopes of fixing this problem, but I don't think it's working...He still fusses about me always ending up right beside him no matter how far apart we are when we fall asleep. I can't help it. I get cold and he's got body heat.

3. Laundry

At this point, I think he's forgotten how to do laundry. I say this because every time I come home, the hamper is overflowing, just waiting for me to do something about it. Another problem I have with dirty laundry is the way some of it always ends up on the floor surrounding the hamper, but somehow never makes it into the hamper. Seriously, it's right there. You couldn't have gone a couple more inches and actually dropped it in the hamper? Definitely one of my biggest pet peeves....

4. Thermostat Settings

I like to keep the house very cold. I just can't sleep if it's hot. But my boyfriend is more concerned about the electric bill, so he keeps turning off my A/C. Then, I'll complain about how hot it is until he turns it back on.

5. What movie to watch from Redbox

We have extremely different tastes in movies. He prefers something action-y with lots of gun fights and blood, while I prefer Nicholas Sparks or the occasional comedy. Normally, I try to avoid fighting about this by suggesting that we just get two movies, one for each of us. But sometimes, he gets a little greedy and then I get a little pissed off.

These are just a few of the stupid things couples fight about. Trust me, there are many many more, including: which way the roll of toilet paper goes, whether or not to cuddle, whose turn it is to do the dishes, in-laws, who gets control of the tv remote, why do they always get control of the tv remote, and so on.. The point is, after being together for a while, every couple will find dumb little things to argue about. It just means you love each other. Don't take these small meaningless arguments to mean anything. It happens to every couple!