Tom Hanks Is The Ideal Grandfather

12 Reasons Tom Hanks Is The Grandpa We Always Wanted And Needed In Our Lives

It's clear that he should have a mug that says "World's Best Grandpa"

146

Tom Hanks is the man that you've seen in at least 76 movies and also the ideal grandfather for a number of reasons.

1. First of all, just look at him...

Tom Hanks

upload.wikimedia.org

... he's so pure

2. I mean...

Tom Hanks

upload.wikimedia.org

...come on!

3. Every character he has ever played is empathetic

Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump

cdn1.thr.com

It says so much about Tom (yes, we're on a first name basis) as a person to know that he has repeatedly taken on roles of kind individuals such as Forrest Gump. Life is complicated, and he gets that.

4. He's relatable AF

Tom Hanks in Sully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56xy2mkSuk8

Movie after movie, Tom plays an ordinary guy caught in difficult situations. Sure, it's unlikely that you have had to land a plane on the Hudson river when you expected an uneventful flight, but you've probably faced some challenges that totally caught you off guard. Tom's roles have most likely taught him a lot about those situations, so his advice is on point.

5. He's wise

Tom Hanks on red carpet

upload.wikimedia.org

Tom once said, "If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. It's the hard that makes it great." He's been around the block more than a few times, and he knows what's up. If you ever need some good advice, he's got wise quotes for days.

6. He's friendly

Wilson, the volleyball, from Castaway

https://www.volleyballusa.com/wilson-cast-away/

He made friends with a volleyball (Wilson) in Castaway and would definitely enjoy some human friendships. So he'd actually love spending time with you.

7. His family is really, really cute

Tom Hanks and family

https://swaggyimages.com/tom-hanks/pictures-of-tom-hanks-and-family/

Seriously, though, they're perfect. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that family?

8. He's passionate about things that matter

Steven Spielberg, Tom Hanks, Elizabeth Dole, and W. Scott Gould at the WWII memorial in Washington D.C.

Playing roles in movies about WWII sparked Tom's interest. The actor decided to help create a WWII memorial in Washington D.C. What a nice guy!

9. He's a storyteller in his own right

Tom Hanks in Apollo 13

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/roles-that-made-tom-hanks-one-of-hollywoods-top-actors.html/?a=viewall

And a damn good one, too. He says that "movie-making is telling a story with the best technology at your disposal." He's portrayed so many people, so you know he could tell you some amazing tales.

10. He leads a well-rounded life

Tom Hanks

c1.staticflickr.com

When he's not working on a movie, he is working to understand our American history. He has even produced historic TV shows such as a Band of Brothers. So, like your granddad, he's well-versed in the past.

11. He's gone through hardships of his own

Tom Hanks

c1.staticflickr.com

He's a child of divorce and has type II diabetes, so he can give you grandfatherly advice about difficult issues. So, basically he's your rock through thick and thin.

12. He, too, understands the pains of growing up

Tom Hanks' high school photo

https://localwiki.org/oakland/Tom_Hanks

He recounted that he was "... a geek, a spaz. I was horribly, painfully, terribly shy..." Wow. How relatable, but apparently it all works out. He could tell you that better than anyone.

If that doesn't prove that Tom would be the best granddad, I'm not sure what will!