To The Place I Fell In Love With

To The Place I Fell In Love With

Wishing I was sitting at a cafe sipping a cappuccino.

98
To The Place I Fell In Love With
Michaela Nolan

Here I am sitting in class listening to my professor babble on about management strategies — this is not really how I want to spend my day. I find myself looking through photographs that I have taken over the years and wish that Iwas back in my favorite place. About three years ago I first stepped foot in the place that I can't get enough of, Paris. Ever since I was a little girl I can remember my dream was to go to Paris. I was your stereotypical girly-girl, loving to dance, play dress-up, do makeovers, and loved everything about fashion. To this day some of this does remain the same, but my love for style has most definitely grown.

Going to school in Olean, NY is the furthest thing from Paris. I go to school in a tiny town with minimum things to do in the near area. In order to get to big stores and a lot of other places you have to drive at least an hour. I grew up living an hour away from NYC and going in a lot while I was younger. I absolutely love the hustle bustle lifestyle that comes with any city, and to be honest that can not be found here where I go to school. If I could do one thing right now I would drive to the Buffalo airport and hop on the next flight to Paris. but this sadly cannot happen. One, I don't have a car here to drive to the airport, secondly I can't just ditch my classes, and lastly if I went I'm not sure I would ever want to come back.

My love for this city is well known to everyone who truly knows me. When I go to Paris I forget about everything that is currently going on in my life, and for a moment everything just seems to be perfect and fall into place. Roaming the streets gives me a sense of freedom and allows me to discover new places that i will inevitably begin to fall in love with. I love sitting outside at a cafe and just watching the people go by and taking in the scenery around me. The hardest thing to do sometimes is to sit in class for at most an hour and fifteen minutes. But I could literally sit outside at a cafe for an entire day and not get bored. I miss eating macaroons from Laduree, and Nutella crepes from a bakery on the street. To be completely honest that thing that I miss most about Paris is something that can not really be bought or seen. What I miss the most is the feeling that I get when I'm there. I am always happy and just can't wait to see where the day takes me.

So here is to the next time that I can be in my favorite place in the world. Just because I have been there more then once — three times to be exact, does not mean that I have had my fair dosage of this beautiful place. There is so much to be seen there, so much to explore that even if I lived there for a year I'm sure I wouldn't see everything. Here are a couple of my favorite photos from my favorite place on earth.