To The Boy Who Destroyed Me

To The Boy Who Destroyed Me

With Friends Like You, Who Needs Enemies?
612

To the boy who destroyed me, I hate you but maybe I should be thanking you. You put me through hell and never thought twice about your actions but maybe it was best for me that you did that. I wish I had never met you but if I never have, then I wouldn't have learned an important lesson in my life.

When I met you, you were a dream come true. I thought you were great but after awhile, you dropped your good boy charm and you turned up the heat. You became cruel and unforgiving like the ocean during a storm. I was lost, confused, and hurt. How could you go from being so amazing to so awful so quickly?

I never knew someone could be so vile but you surely proved me wrong. Often times I wish I would've given you a taste of your own medicine and get you back for everything you put me through, but what kind of person would that make me? The same terrible and revolting person as you were. I've learned that no matter how could of a person you are, you will still get treated like shit. That's exactly what you did. You controlled me and lured me in with your pretty boy charm. I was under your spell for what felt like forever.

I tried and tried to fix things - to work them out. That never worked and it never would. What once was a peaceful, happy relationship, soon turned into a verbal abusing one where I was called every name you could think of. You believed everyone else over me when I told you the truth and nothing but the truth. Everyone else was right, and I was always wrong.

What was once sweet bliss was transformed into an appalling nightmare.

You called me every name you could think of and ridiculed me for untrue things you had heard from jealous people. You talked and flirted with other girls while we were together and thought I'd never find out. You hurt me and you didn't even care in the slightest.

People like you have to pretend that I'm the bad person that way you won't feel guilty for all the shitty things you did to me. I should've stuck up for my own self when you were being so awful to me, but I didn't. Now? I've learned my lesson and I don't feel bad for defending my own feelings against those people who don't care about mine at all, they only care about their own. I wasn't the one in the wrong. It was you.

So, while you put me through absolute hell, called me every awful name in the book, blame me for you leaving me, as well as many other things, I'm not who is in the wrong, it's you. I should hate you and despise you for ruining my life with someone who was close to me but how could I? You did me a favor by showing me you aren't worth it. You showed me who my true friends were, and it wasn't any of you. With friends like you, who needs enemies?