To My Odyssey Family, Thank You For Being Amazing

My creators are one of the biggest reasons I love my position as Editor in Chief.
42

Dear my amazing Odyssey fam,

This letter is to thank you guys for all the hard work you have put in and for making my experience as your Editor in Chief the best.

A year ago I accepted this position with no idea where it was going to take me. To be completely honest I doubted that I would make it this far. I didn’t think I had the skill to be the editor you guys deserve.

Deciding to take a chance on myself and taking on this position has been one of the best decisions of my life.

Thank you for putting up with me while I learn the ropes.

I know it was an adjustment for me taking on this new role and I’m sure it was an adjustment for you guys too!

Thank you for reading my overly excited weekly emails.

Once I learned how to add gifs to my emails (I’m old don’t make fun of me for not knowing how to do this at first!) I started having fun with my weekly emails and I’m sure when you see it pop up in your inboxes you’re like “oh boy, she’s back at it again with the gifs and the colorful font.” So I appreciate you guys reading my emails even if they annoy you.

Thank you for making me a proud momma.

I know that sounds really weird but every time you guys write a killer article I am the proudest human ever! No one will ever be more proud of you than your real parents but I definitely feel like a proud momma when you guys succeed. There are days when our Muse system is so annoying I want to quit Odyssey entirely and move to another country (okay, that’s dramatic, but Muse is annoying as hell sometimes), but watching you guys grow as writers makes every annoying thing Muse does worth it! You have all poured your hearts and souls into the articles you write. Some of you have written pieces that are so emotionally charged they have brought me to tears. Some of the other articles you guys write have me cracking up. I’m so proud of the wide range of content you guys have produced.

I hope you guys know how proud I am of you and how lucky I consider myself to be your Editor in Chief! I know this letter was super cheesy but you guys truly are one of the biggest reasons I love this position and I’m glad I didn’t turn it down a year ago.

Much love,

Your favorite (it’s okay, you can admit it) EIC