To My Best Friend 219 Miles Away, You'll Never Be Replaced
Friendships

You have changed me into such a different person than I was and showed me it was okay to be who I am, and to never change for anyone, so thank you for that!

136

To my best friend 219 miles away,

I want to start off by saying thank you. Thank you for the happy times, the sad times, the funny times, the adventurous times, and just giving me your time. Thank you for sticking by my side always. I know I don't tell you enough, but I love you. Both you and I aren't really ones to show affection, but if anyone is deserving of my love, it's definitely you. You have changed me into such a different person than I was and showed me it was okay to be who I am, and to never change for anyone, so thank you for that!

We have both changed, physically and mentally, since the day we became friends(#braceless). I clearly remember that day in 2014 that we spent every moment together on Ellis island. Yeah weird place to have our first hangout, but camp trips were the only time we ever really had the time to interact with each other since you're a year older than me.

From that day on, the bond between us has been unbreakable. You went from a friend to a best friend to a sister real fast, but I wouldn't want it any other way. My family loves you like their own, and love your last name even more(shout out to the Somersteins!!) and I feel as though your family is like mine.

When you left me last year, I never thought we would be able to make it till thanksgiving without seeing each other all the time. Thank god for FaceTime though!! From our non stop texting and all the facetime calls it was almost as if you never left! Even though when still talked all the time, and I came to visit you that one time, it was still one of the hardest things I've had to do.

This is the second year we aren't together, and I am still not okay with it. I never will be. There's no one I can laugh with about over the stupid shit we do. There's no one I can say "omg remember how good that French toast from Brownstone was" to, no one to go to the beach with to watch the sunset(not that there's a beach in Binghamton), no one to watch the bachelor/ette with me, no one to sing in the car with to random songs no one likes except for us, no one that will show up to the train station in the same exact outfit I am wearing, no one to play just dance with, and no one to do the stupid shit that we constantly do. Nik, there's truly no one like you, and truthfully I don't think there ever will be.

I am so grateful for the many years we've spent together, and I can't wait for many more years of memories together! Hope you're studying hard at U Del right now so we can afford to take our families to Disney together one day! Thank you for putting up with my bs, no one knows how you do it(not even myself)! And, always remember, if we go down then we go down together!! Love you from Delaware to Binghamton to Rolling River and back 100000 times!

Love always,

Sloaney Baloney