My Feelings about COVID-19

My Feelings about COVID-19

We must make the most of this time, no matter how grim the circumstances.

46
My Feelings about COVID-19
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/reviewedcom/2020/03/17/50-things-you-need-stay-home-while-social-distancing-during-coronavirus-outbreak/5057159002/

I keep thinking about the reality that just over a week and a half ago, coronavirus was not even in the forefront of my mind. I was flying back to school after spending a week at home for spring break, and I was ready to finish out my college career, strong and happy. Ready to wrap up all my classes, root for my boyfriend in his last few college golf tournaments, participate in all the senior events, and finally, strut across that stage come mid-May. I would hold that diploma in my hand, decked out in my cap and gown, and I yearned for that feeling of satisfaction and pride in myself. I pictured it so clearly. And this is why I am having such a difficult time wrapping my head around all of this.

At first, I felt as though the next (at least) two months of life as we know it has simply been cancelled, all of the events and once-ensured memories just erased from time. I was so angry, and so frustrated, and so anxious. I was experiencing unbelievable waves of anxiety to the point of nausea. For someone like me who struggles when things are out of my control, this is an absolute nightmare.

Don't get me wrong, from the beginning, I understood why these precautions were put in place. It makes complete sense, and I firmly believe it was in the best interest of the people to make all these cancellations. However, that is not making it any easier to digest. This has impacted absolutely every aspect of my life, along with the lives of billions of others in the world. It is crucial that we support each other in this confusing and overwhelming time in all facets: emotionally, physically, financially, etc. This is an opportunity to demonstrate compassion and kindness toward the human race by practicing precautions such as social distancing, avoiding travel, and simply washing our hands more than we typically do. (To my fellow millennials: please, just stay home! It won't kill us.)

This all being said, I am a strong believer in God, and I know that He wants us to make the most of this time. I take great comfort in that. I still have my schoolwork to attend to with the online class structure, and my professors are certainly keeping me busy with that. I still have a marathon to train for this upcoming summer, and I am hopeful that that event will go on. I have so many hobbies that I never have time to engage in throughout the year, but now I have time to. I have been filling my days with coloring in the dozen of coloring books I own (that don't get nearly enough love from me), reading the stack of books I have been meaning to dive into for the longest time, and finally catching up on my shows. (I just started Game of Thrones the other day...I anticipate I am in for a treat!) I am spending time with some of my loved ones, and am looking forward to seeing other loved ones soon.

There is a lot of uncertainty in this situation, and that can be scary. It's not going away anytime soon, however, so I vote to make the best of it. We focus on what we can do, rather than focus on what we cannot do. Spring is arriving, and soon we'll have sunshine and warmth and with it, a new hope along with summertime looming.