12 Study Tips For Finals Season

12 Study Tips For Finals Season

Utilize the weekend before Finals!

40
https://unsplash.com/photos/FHnnjk1Yj7Y
Unsplash via Nick Morrison

It's that time of year again...finals season. Finals season is something we all dread. We have projects and papers due left and right; on top of that, we have five finals in one week. It can be tough, and it can be stressful, but here are twelve tips to help get you through this Finals Season:

1. Start studying a week in advance.

This takes off a lot of stress, plus you will feel more prepared. You will thank me later.

2. Take Breaks.

Your brain will go to mush if you don't take breaks. Get up, get some fresh air, and get a snack. If you just sit and study for hours on end with no breaks, you will end up just staring at your notes and not actually studying.

3. Don't take a break for all of Thanksgiving Break.

At least study a little bit during Thanksgiving Break. If you don't, it will be that much harder to get back into it once you get to school.

4. Drink Caffeine.

Caffeine will be your BFF during Finals Season, especially the weekend before Finals.

5. Utilize the weekend before Finals.

Don't go out to party. Stay up and study. Drink all of the caffeine. Do whatever you can to ensure you're prepared. The weekend before Finals is the most crucial in your success!

6. Rest.

Rest particularly well on the night before your Finals. Your brain needs as much time to recooperate as your body does.

7. Cry.

You probably need to cry, so just do it. It will relieve stress. Just make sure that after you're done crying, you get back to work.

8. Surround yourself with friends.

Studying sucks, but it can be a fun task to take on with friends. You can also keep each other accountable.

9. Dress Comfortably.

If you dress comfortably, you can pay a lot more attention to your work. When you dress up, you tend to pay more attention to your clothes than your work. Also, if you dress comfortable, you can sit in all kinds of comfy positions like criss cross applesauce.

10. Put down your phone.

Phones are a huge distraction, especially while studying. Put down your phone for an hour, and then give yourself specific "phone times" during your breaks.

11. Be Organized.

Make lists. Color code. Get a calendar. This will ensure you are allocating your time correctly. This will help so much not only during Finals Season, but all year round!

12. Do your best.

Doing your best on your exams is really all that matters in the end.

Breathe in and breathe out. Just like that, Finals Season will be over.