best part about thrift shopping

Thrift Shopping Is The Best Kind Of Retail Therapy

Finding great stuff for cheap is the best thing ever.

57
https://pixabay.com/en/woman-shopping-lifestyle-beautiful-3040029/

I've been spending a lot of my time and money at thrift stores lately. Ever since I got a record player, I've been obsessed with finding vinyls of movies or singers I love. I've yet to find Whitney Houston, but I never stop looking for one by her. It's also highly unlikely, but even then the hunt is always exciting.

I always find myself driving to a Goodwill for any occasion. I got paid? Goodwill. I'm stressed? Goodwill. I need clothes? Goodwill. Do I need something I don't know I need? Goodwill. I also always look up other thrift stores whenever I'm in a new area. Why? Because no two thrift stores will ever be the same. That is the beauty of it. I will never feel like I am looking at the same stuff because each store has its own forte. I know when I am back home where I will find more options for books or more options for vinyl.

Thrift shopping is an experience. You can take a trip through time and really see what belonged to someone for years a long time ago. You can see trends in books or vinyls, like did you know Barbara Streisand is really all over the shelves right now? A few months ago Dionne Warwick was all over the shelves, too.

It's so much fun to go through different thrift stores and see what the community the store is in is donating. Plus, it's fun not going in with a plan and coming out with sweet finds, especially high-waisted corduroy shorts (yes I was excited). It's fun to feel like you're really letting loose with all the spending, but in reality, you aren't spending as much as you would if you shopped at Target or Forever 21. Both of those brands I have found at Goodwill, so I felt like I really was finding gold.

Thrift store shopping makes me feel nostalgic and it's really nice to feel that way sometimes. I've always felt like I should have been born during another time and during my time thrift shopping, I feel transported to a different time with each item I hold. I also feel motivated. Motivated to reinvent me with either a new style or new hobbies. I feel inspired and I know many people would too if they spent as much time as I do in these stores.