To Those who need to hear it...

To Those who need to hear it...

This is just for those who may have some family struggles in their lives, or some relationship troubles weighing them down. Whatever you are feeling, if you need to hear some encouraging words then here they are.

15

We all have those moments in life where we doubt our existence and struggle just to have faith and hope in the future. However, we cannot let those moments define who we are or what we can accomplish in our lives. We are more than just what people see on the outside. We are who we choose to be and who we make ourselves to be. Despite what family may say, what classmates and friends might think, what complete strangers see, we are capable of whatever we want to do.

Sometimes, those we love can be our biggest critics, but there comes a point in each of our lives that we have to realize that some of the critiques that someone may give are not meant to help us get better, but they are meant to bring us down and doubt ourselves more. We cannot let those people get to us one bit! Their goal in life is to hurt us and make us feel small and weak while they make themselves seem more powerful.

Now, this may seem easier said than done, but it is worth it because if we let them continuously get to us then how can we achieve greatness? Sometimes you need to be selfish and hold true to who you are in order to move forward in life. Now, I'm not saying do not improve yourself and keep every flaw you have. On the contrary, you should definitely improve yourself throughout your life, but make sure you don't lose yourself in the process. When you lose yourself, then you have nothing because you can't even see who you are let alone other people.

In the end, we have to differentiate constructive criticism and advise from negative comments and attacks against us. With the constructive stuff, we need to take in to our minds and remind ourselves that those people want to see us get better, improve ourselves, and achieve. With the negative, we have to realize those people want to pull us down and say screw them cause we are going to succeed no matter their efforts to prevent us from doing so. The more we do this, the better we are in life and the more we see work in our favor and what we can do.

So remember, keep your head held high, thank those what are wanting to help you, and shake away those that want to hurt you and your cause. You are important, you are here for a reason and you have a purpose. One thing I remind myself of to remember this goes like this: When you think you don't matter or have purpose, place your hand over your heart. Do you feel that beat? That is your purpose. That is why your here, to achieve your purpose.