To My Team

To My Team

Always remember how special your team is.

9
To My Team
123rf.com

If you have ever played a team sport, then you know how it feels to have a family. We laugh, we cry, we fight, and we love each other even when we're mad.

In order to have a good team, you must all work together. You don't have to like each other off the court, but if you want to win, you must love each other on the court.

Having a good team is all about the chemistry. It is up to the coach to figure out who plays best with who. Depending on if you have a good or bad coach will also make or break a team. You must have good leadership not only from your coaches, but also from the team. You do not have to be a senior to be "in charge," a leader is someone who TAKES CHARGE and makes the effort to make everyone else, along with themselves, better.

For the past 13 years of my life, it has revolved around basketball. I have had some of the best, and some of the worst teams.

The worst team I ever played on was probably my freshman and sophomore year of high school. We spent more time arguing and trying to hurt each other than we did practicing. There was so much talent on the team, but no one was willing to work together and that made us un-coachable, and highly unfavorable to win.

Having a team like that can bring you down as a player, and even a person. It takes away the fun from the game and makes it more of a chore. If you're ever in this situation, the best advice is just grin and bear it. The season will eventually end, and those miserable people will eventually leave. Be the bigger person.

The best team I have ever been on, is definitely my current one. We have the most encouraging, hardworking, God-loving girls I have ever met. We argue, but we always manage to work through our differences semi maturely. We always try our best to make someone else better, on and off the court. We have great leaders, and we all support one another.

Every Friday, we sit down and have a bible study. Having that special time with your team will really bring you together in the long run. A team that prays together, stays together.

Having a group of girls that is not only a team, but a family as well, will create better ball players in the end.

My team is where I found my best friend. She is such a blessing in my life. I know she is always there, on and off the court.

We have two girls that share the BIGGEST love for God and they bring so much encouragement and light when we need it most.

My "twin" (from the back) can make anyone laugh in seconds. She helps to keep everyone smiling and gives comic relief when things get tense.

We have another girl who is so blatantly honest sometimes you'd think she was joking. She is the one who will tell you you're doing something stupid when you need it most. We are all thankful for her.

We have some of the most talented players and we all compliment each other. We have shooters, ball handlers, amazing defensive players, players who are not afraid to take the ball to the goal, and just flat out players. We have one of the best well rounded teams.

I am blessed with the best team. No matter how many times we get mad at each other or we fight, we always come back and love each other in the end.

If you have ever played a sport, you have experienced these different kind of people and these different situations. Sports are an amazing invention. They give you the opportunity to express yourself in ways you may have not known possible.

My advice to you would be to go find a sport you love and connect with your team. You don't have to be the best one out there, you just have to have the heart for the game. Being on a well functioning team is beautiful. Sports are beautiful. Falling in love with the game is beautiful.