8 Things to Remember When Going Through Heartbreak

You're going to be okay.

474
ilongevity.com

Heartbreak. It is indisputably one of the worst things to deal with. No matter how many heartbreaks you've gone through, each new one stings the same. Maybe someone destroyed your heart and left you devastated, or maybe the person you loved turned into someone who left you with nothing but disappointment. Regardless of what happened, remember that things will get better.

1. Your friends are there for you.

Your friends want nothing more than to see you happy. Let them do their job to try and lift you up. Let them distract you. Let them bring you things. Let them help.

2. It's okay to feel.

Everyone always says not to wallow in self-pity, be extremely angry, or just be plain confused, but pushing back sad or angry feelings will only make you feel worse. Take a few days to be sad, to cry, and to be angry, but at the same time, do not let yourself get lost in the self-pity or anger.

3. Do something for yourself.

Buy yourself some new clothes. Go away for a weekend. Take yourself out to a fancy dinner with friends. Treat yourself well in order to remind yourself of how great you really are.

4. Get the help you need.

A lot of times after a heartbreak, you feel like you've lost yourself. You don't know who you are without your ex. Counseling services are great for helping you regain who you are.

5.Don't rush to get back out there.

Take some time for you. Learn to be single and love yourself before jumping into another relationship.

6. Establish boundaries with your ex.

You may have said that you want to eventually be friends again, but realize that you need to take the time to have space from one another.

7. Practice self-care

Stress from a break up can effect your body in severely negative ways. Take a hot bath, exercise, or eat something good to make yourself feel better.

8. Trust in fate.

Maybe you thought they were "the one", but if they didn't care about you enough to break your heart or lose your trust, know that you will find someone who would never do that to you.

Gifs all sourced from tumblr, GIPHY, or other sources.