12 Things Only Military Brats Will Ever Understand

If you're from a military background you'll be able to relate.

563
BuzzFeed

1. Making Your Bed Is A Must

Not to mention all the other chores you had to do as a kid.

2. You Understand Random Military Lingo

You understand words like reveille, Oorah, zero dark thirty, and M.R.E.'s

3. You Get Upset Your Civilian Friends Don't Know How Amazing the Commissary Is.

It's only like the greatest thing ever invented for military families.

4. MRE's are always in the house

and you're parents never understand why on earth you would like them.

5. You Expect the National Anthem to Play Before Every Movie and Actually Get Excited for it.

Not to mention going to the movies usually cost a dollar or are free.

6. You Could Pronounce "Colonel" By the Time You Were 5 Years Old.

and even spell it unlike all the other kids.

7. You Are Freakishly Good At Bowling

The bowling alley, base pool were huge social spots when you we're young so your bowling skills quickly improved.

8. You Don't Get Confused When You're Foreign Friends Tell You the Time in Military Time

"Oh, it's 1800 cool two more hours til curfew."

9. "Where Are You From?" Is Your Least Favorite Question To Be Asked Because It Takes You Five Minutes to Answer

The longest you've lived in one place is four years.

10. You're Always Fifteen Minutes Late, Otherwise You're Late

As a kid you hate it, but you realize how much of a difference it can make being early.

11. The Immediate Bond With Other Military Brats

You're always thinking whether or not others are fellow military brats so you can reminisce about your childhood and all the weird things you have in common.

12. You Wouldn't Trade the Values You've Learned From the Military For Anything

Even though it was hard at times the lessons you've learned and the people you've met all made it worth it.