The Unexpected Change

The Unexpected Change

Love that was so freely given

25
The Unexpected Change
SISTER

Being a parent is hard. Looking out for the well being of your child 24-7, putting them first, going without so they may have, every aspect of that seems hard sometimes but as parents we don't think twice about sacrificing for our children. Well picture this, your twenty-three you have an infant daughter who you go out of your way to raise alone. Well my sister did it. She has been a single mother from the start and has done an outstanding job; however, I believe this does not hold a candle to what God would put in her life in the later months to come. So fast forward a little to when she met the man she is with today. Great guy with three sons of his own, who at the time were around 15 months old, 4 years old, and about 6 years old. Amazing kids who visited every other weekend and split holidays. Well one day that all changed. The boys were getting ready for a weekend at there dad's house (who also lived with my sister and niece) for a normal weekend visit, or so they thought. Their mother decided it would be in there best interest to live with their father. So without hesitation their father took them home and instantly, two weeks before Christmas, they became a household of 6. My sister never skipped a beat, she has loved those boys as if they were her own since day one. She's the best "step" parent she can be. However over the past three years the boys' biological mother has been quite absent. My sister and her significant other have done everything they can to put those little boys and little girl first no matter how difficult situations have been at times. Mornings always start before the sunrise and tend to end hours after the sun goes down. Her efforts seem to go unnoticed at times because the kids are still young, but I know one day the boys will realize, "She loved me by choice, She took me under her wing and nurtured me as if I had been her's from the start." One day sweet lady you will be noticed. Although I know days get tough, long, and hard, remember this, you are incredible, you have gone above and beyond and for filled a role that wasn't meant for you but you've done it justice. The smiles you have maintained and the tears you have wiped away will be far worth more than any amount of silver or gold. You are an angel on Earth and we are all proud of you. Thank you for not only showing me the path to be an outstanding mother but teaching me that the biggest reward sometimes is actually no reward at all, its the strength in knowing you've done above and beyond what you were called to do. So today I thank you, Storm will thank you, your daughter will thank you for her brothers, and the boys will one day understand who was there for them all along, You and their Father. They will be grateful of the love that has been shown to them and given so freely. Today I want you to know your efforts are not unnoticed.