Two Of Trump's Most Ridiculous Ideas Ever

Why walls and welfare drug testing doesn't work.

7

So I had to ask myself, do I write about why the wall wouldn't work or why drug testing the welfare is useless? So I thought to myself "Why not both?" So that's what I am going to be doing.

First of all, walls do not work. This fact has actual historical precedence. One of my Facebook friends naively stated that "It will keep the Illegals out so..." But here is the thing: it won't. 40% of illegal immigrants do not just simply hop a fence and trek the Rio Grande and end up in America. No, this 40% come via plane and overstay their visa. This not only goes for South and Central America, but for Asia, as Asians are now outpacing Mexicans in terms of undocumented immigration. So unless Trump can erect the wall that reaches into the bedamned Stratosphere, I highly doubt that his wall will help put a dent into illegal immigration.

Now onto drug testing welfare recipients. This is done in thirteen states: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Utah. These states besides Utah have found near insubstantial reports results in regard to positive results, especially in Mississippi, where out of 3,656 welfare users, only two tested positive for drugs. And in my opinion, if you had really wanted to make a point about welfare users using money for drugs, you would also have to test for alcohol and tobacco. Those are drugs too you know.

Ultimately these are fucking terrible ideas and we are better off doing things that will actually benefut us. Like affordable college and healthcare. That might actually work.