The Truth About The Dog Meat Trade In Asia

We have to fight for these animals.

161
Topsy

I'm sure many of you have now heard about the horrific dog meat trade that currently goes in some Asian countries. The problem is that many people don't do their research and just assume that we are judging them based on their culture, but that is simply not the case. In China, an annual festival called the Yulin dog meat festival is held on June. I am not here to judge the fact that they eat dog meat, does it slightly bother me? Of course, but here in America we eat cows, pigs, chickens, etc. There are some meats that other cultures may consider a delicacy. Now of course not all Asian cultures condone this or follow in this practice but it is widely held.

Now what I'm going to explain is graphic and hard to hear. I can barely watch the videos that I see but I force myself to, so I can continue this fight for these poor animals. The dog meat trade is horrific because in Asia they believe that if they abuse the animals the adrenaline will make the meat taste better. This is WHY I will speak up against it. Some animals are bred or even pets are stolen and tortured. They are hung like pinatas and beat to death. Some are boiled alive, while others are crucified with their paws nailed to a cross. It's gut-wrenching and horrible I know.

We have to fight for these animals. We cannot turn a blind eye to these poor animals that are suffering. With the help of everyone for making this horrible practice become more aware many organizations have been saving dogs from Asian slaughterhouses. Now we cannot turn a blind eye to what's happening in our backyard either. There are still farm animals suffering because they're seen as livestock and therefore have no rights. We can help these voiceless animals by raising awareness and talking to your local politician, don't be afraid to stand up.

If you want to see more of what goes on in Yulin please follow The Animal Hope and Wellness foundation on Facebook. Marc Chang the founder goes undercover in slaughterhouses and saves dogs himself.