The Sims 3 Let's Play Series, Part 1

The Sims 3 Let's Play Series, Part 1

The first part to many of my ongoing LP series

163
The Sims 3 Let's Play Series, Part 1
Vanyaloveis on DeviantART

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaxAme2MN48

The Sims 3--one of the best and most popular computer games we have today. A life simulation game that encompasses a very wide variety of real-world scenarios, the replayability and the amount of new content to be discovered within the game can never be understated.

This game is unique in many different ways. Even though this is the 3rd game in the franchise, and there have been several spinoffs and variations, and there has since been a 4th game created, this is often regarded as the best and most extensive game out of them all. That's commendable, as this rarely happens with games these days.

I've been a huge fan of the game since I was around 12 years old. My dad pre-ordered it for my birthday, and I anxiously awaited it's arrival, as it was one of the games i'd been anticipating the most in my life. When I finally got it, I was hooked. For a period in my life, that was my main source of entertainment, being one of the only things I'd do in my free time. I'd always look up new and exciting things to find, do, and discover within the game. Eventually, I thought it's be a good idea to share my experiences with others, so I started uploading videos of my Sims 3 adventures to YouTube via the game's built-in screen capture system. At it's peak, I knew everything there was to know about the game. I only had 3 expansion packs for it, but even when I wasn't playing the game, I'd be online looking at different aspects of all Sims games that interested me. It was my passion.

Quite unfortunately, my interest faded from it over the years, mostly due to the fact that my computer became slow and laggy and unable to run the game, and that by the time it was fixed, I lost the game disk. Thus, I went into a four year dry spell of not playing the game. I developed many new interests, of course, but the memories I always had with The Sims 3 always stuck with me. I was constantly trying to find a good opportunity to rekindle my love for the game, and start playing and uploading videos again. That time finally came not too long ago.

About a month ago, I obtained a copy of The Sims 3 Complete Collection; a version of the game that includes every expansion pack, stuff pack, as well as all updates. I was a little rusty, but as soon as I got into the swing of things again I remembered why I had loved the game so much. So I thought "What better way to get back into the game then to start uploading a brand new video series right to youtube?". I attempted to do that before, but I was much less experienced with video editing back then than I am now. I have a new computer, new webcam, and some new equipment too, all of which would make for much better quality videos than I had made before!

All that being said, to commence my getting back into the Sims 3 community, and to further my knowledge of the game as well as to put out more content, I'm starting a brand new Let's Play series right on my YouTube channel! This is the first episode, and I've recorded it in such a way that you can understand it even if you've never played the game before. I encourage everyone to watch the series, whether you're a new or experienced player. This first episode is mainly just an introduction, wherein I create a sim, show some of the basics, explain some details, and have some interesting conversation with my brother. I can't wait to see where this series ends up going--I have high hopes! I really hope you like it too, and if you do, then feel free to like, comment, and share!