THE PLAGUE: Creepy Clown Edition

THE PLAGUE: Creepy Clown Edition

Nightmares come to life?

19
THE PLAGUE: Creepy Clown Edition
youtube.com

The whole idea of clowns was to cause joy and giggles from both children and adults. Of course, with anything that can bring joy can also be made to bring fear. Lately, there has been a bit of fear from clowns going on around the country. States that have been affected so far are: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. (according to heavy.com)

So why all the "clowning around"?

This started when John Wayne Gacy was captured in 1979. His, Pogo the Clown ego, went to children's parties. In 1968, it was discovered that he had killed 33 males and buried most under his home.

According to the New York Times, "In 2014, there were a number of reported sightings, from Albuquerque to Fishers, Ind. Last year, a clown was spotted skulking around a Chicago cemetery. And just a few weeks ago, residents of Green Bay, Wis., reported that a clown was seen toddling around town clutching a bunch of black balloons." So this started 2 years ago and has caught on to plague the rest of the country.

So what is their intent?

No one is certain. Some of these clowns have terrifying faces. Others wear masks. Some hide in plain sight while others lurk in the woods. Some have tried to lure children into the woods and others just stare.

Should we be afraid?

Yes, we should be (in my opinion). There is no real knowledge of what their intent is, therefore, proceed with caution. According to Rolling Stone, "Police have begun arresting people dressed as clowns on various charges. In Alabama, seven people are facing felonies for making a terrorist threat, while two more juveniles face lesser charges. In Middlesboro, Kentucky, a 20-year-old man was arrested for wearing a clown costume while hiding in a ditch. In Virginia, two teens were taken into custody for donning clown costumes and chasing children. And in recent days, the list has been growing." Especially with the Halloween season coming up quickly I advise all parents and children to proceed with caution and please don't allow friends/family to travel alone.

Although no children have been hurt, psychologist Dr. J. Buzz Von Ornsteiner explains, damage may already be done.“You’re seeing something that you’re not accustomed to seeing and it jolts us, and it is frightening," Ornsteiner said. "It’s frightening not only for children but adults as well." (PIX11 News)

Needless to say I have had a fear of clowns for a long time this certainly isn't helping. If I ever see one creeping around I can promise that I will running the other direction or there will be some hell to pay. Stay safe readers!