The Millennial Generation Is Not Lazy

The Millennial Generation Is Not Lazy

Technology has made it easier for Millennials to do certain tasks, but they are now expected to do more work.

832
The Millennial Generation Is Not Lazy
ThoughtCatalog

Many people from older generations consider millennials to be lazy. Millennials are looked down upon. In turn, they try and work harder in order to receive gratification from the older generations.

Millennials are not lazy, though. The millennial generation has grown up as technology has advanced. Yes, some things have been easier for millennials, such as writing papers or doing research with a world of resources at our fingertips. (Thanks, Google!)

Because technology has advanced so quickly and the millennials are more accustomed at using it, more is expected of them when they have to complete their assignments.

In addition, Millennials are told that they have to go to college in order to get a job. Once they graduate high school, they need to go to college. While in college, they need to work in order to support themselves and have some type of experience to prove they can work in their field after graduation.

With the experience most jobs require, it is recommended that Millennials have an internship in their field. Not only is this generation expected to do an additional four years of school to what earlier generations faced, they need to work and/or have an internship while in school. And most internships are unpaid.

If a student has to pay their own bills, then they have to work and intern while learning. Due to these heavy expectations, Millennials don't have time to take care of themselves or focus on their health.

While technology has made numerous things easier for the younger generations, it has heightened the expectations for them as well. They are expected to do more. When someone from the younger generation wants to sleep in or relax on their day off, they are immediately seen as lazy.

Society has increasingly put pressure on the younger generation. Millennials are not lazy, but because of technological advancements, it is easy for older generations to view millennials this way because some tasks are easier for us now than it was for them growing up.

People need to remember that Millennials are not lazy. Millennials are just doing more work but it isn't as easy to notice. Next time you want to call the Millennial generation lazy, remember they are required to go to school longer while obtaining the same amount of work experience, if not more, to obtain a job all while trying to support themselves and maintain their health as well as a normal social life.