The Lost Girl

The Lost Girl

It’s ok to be lost and not know what you want to do. Embrace it, have as much fun while you can.

100
The Lost Girl
Personal Photo

The girl who thinks she lost herself... Everybody loses themselves along the way and some people find themselves again easier than others. Just because it takes you a little longer to find yourself doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with you.

Some people just need more time to figure out what they want to do and where their head is at. You lose yourself and sometimes it’s hard to get back to where you were before because, in reality, you’ll never be the same as you once were and sometimes that’s a hard concept to understand.

But, when you do find yourself, it’s the best thing that could possibly happen, you’re the girl who doesn’t really have any friends or want to do anything but go to work and school and even that a struggle. You often find yourself at the cemetery talking to your grandpa and at your childhood best friend's cross near where she died because sometimes it’s easier to talk to people who aren't really here because you don’t get the dirty looks or lectures like you would from someone who is alive and can give commentary.

It’s easier to cry by yourself and in front of a grave or memorial because no one is usually around you to judge you or see you. You’re still finding yourself, what you want to do in life, when you want a family, and everything like that. People who already know what they want to do in life may not have everything figured out, that's what they think they want at the time but things change - nothing ever stays the same or works out exactly how you want it. So, it’s ok to be lost and not know what you want to do. Embrace it, have as much fun while you can.