The 8 Most Emotional Moments Of "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2"

Warning: This article contains spoilers.

346
Google Images

Warning: If you have not seen the last movie or read the last book, there will be spoilers ahead.

The fourth and final installment of the Hunger Games movies, "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2," was released on Friday, November 20th (November 19th if you count the early premieres of 7 and 9 p.m.). As I do with all of my favorite books turned into movies, I attended the first showing I could. It was a bittersweet goodbye to a fantastic series.

Without further ado, here are some of the most emotional moments of "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2".

1. Annie's and Finnick's Wedding

This was truly a beautiful moment. In the midst of the war, there is still time for happiness and love. They had been separated for so long due to Snow's manipulation that it just brings our hearts so much joy to see them finally be together.

2. Katniss and Prim's Sisterly Moment

If you read the book, then you know just how heartbreaking this moment was. If not, then you were in for a big surprise when Prim was killed towards the end of the movie. The heartwarming hug was only foreshadowing the heartbreak that was soon to come.

3. Running From The Goo

For some reason, this scene stressed me out so much. Obviously, Katniss, Gale, and Peeta were going to survive but still, I feared for their safety.

4. Any Scene With Plutarch

Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman, who played Plutarch in the movies, passed away due to an overdose in early 2014 during the production of the movie. Although he wasn't in much of this movie, his presence made a big impact. From the all knowing smiles to the letter Plutarch wrote to Katniss, it was really significant.

5. Finnick's Death

He's so beautiful that it was such a shame for him to die, especially by trying to run away from mutant half zombie mutts. He had finally been able to settle down with the love of his life, Annie, and even had a slight bromance going on with Peeta, despite him being hijacked by the Capitol.

6. The Possibility of Gale Responsible for Prim's Death

When you learn that Gale may have played a role in the bomb that killed Katniss's sister, Prim, it all goes downhill. The person who was once her best friend and possible love interest is cut out of her life. It was all too much for Katniss to not know if he was indirectly responsible for Prim's death.

7. Katniss Shooting Coin

It's a bit of a plot twist, huh? Katniss wants to kill Snow and then ends up purposely killing Coin. To be honest, I don't know that I'd really consider this a plot twist unless you didn't read the book and didn't pay attention at all.

8. Katniss Reuniting With Buttercup

This part made me bawl like a baby. When the war is all and done with and Katniss is at her home in District 12, there's a noise that awakens her. Turns out, it's Buttercup, Prim's cat that always hated Katniss. Of course, having not been able to grieve properly for her sister, she throws a fit of rage that ends with her tenderly hugging Buttercup.

Thank you, Suzanne Collins, for giving us the terrific trilogy of "The Hunger Games" and allowing it to be made into four unforgettable movies.