The 5 Stages Of HQ Trivia Addiction

The 5 Stages Of HQ Trivia Addiction

Step five is addiction.

251
The 5 Stages Of HQ Trivia Addiction
@scottrogowsky / Instagram

It seems like the world went from zero to 60 really fast when it comes to the HQ phenomenon. As someone who is constantly playing every day at 3 p.m. and 9 p.m. For everyone else who might be addicted, here are the five stages of addiction to our favorite trivia app.

1. Experimentation

You know that phase? When all your friends have it downloaded, so you play along with them but refuse to download it and let it consume your life. You'll play around and help your friends, and in the end, maybe you'll want to download it just because it'll give your friend an extra life.

2. Regular Use

This is the point when you've moved past the point of only downloading it to help a friend out. Now you find yourself playing twice a day almost every day. You might not be blocking off time during your day, but you'll definitely have push notifications on so you can join in.

3. Risk-Taking Use

So you've downloaded HQ. You downloaded it and now you won't stop until you win, no matter how insignificant the amount may seem. You've started playing during class while hiding your phone under a notebook. You'll stop what you're doing just to play. You're more willing to take some risks and get caught while playing, even when the situation seems inappropriate.

4. Dependence

So you've gotten to the point where every day depends on making sure you're free at 3 p.m. and 9 p.m. You play during class, you have your phone out at dinner and you now must play at every opportunity. It's fine though, there's an opportunity to win real money!

5. Addiction

Well, there's no turning back now. You have to win. Whether it's $2,500 during the week or the $25,00 Sunday night game, you need to win. Twelve questions or 15, whether it's for $1.51 or $5,000 you just have to win. No questions asked.