The Finer Thangs

The Finer Thangs

I don't know if I've become a product of my environment or what God intended for me to be...

23
The Finer Thangs
Tumblr.com

Jaded and Kuran sat on the front porch, like they did every Friday morning, smoking and discussing the finer thangs in life. You know, money, pussy, and more money which of course meant mo' problems. Wasn't any problems today, at least not yet. There was always something going on in the Gronz neighborhood. "Shid, just the other day Sin Simi got robbed."

"Straight?"

"Man, I heard they left that nigga in his socks. Nigga was riding around in that BMW he got last week."

"Daaamn."

"Tryna tell ya, niggas is grimy."

"You ain't lyin'. Hey! I thought that BMW was a rental."

Kuran choked after taking a hit, "It is." They both laughed. "See, that's what's wrong with dudes like Sin Simi, always want what isn't for them."

"What you mean?" Jaded asked.

"Simi got a whole wife and two kids."

"Yeah. His wife is bad too, even after having them babies."

"Hell yeah! Shoot, them babies made her thicker." They gave each other dab.

"True that. Nah, man finish what you was saying."

Kuran rubbed both hands together. "Aw man, you got a brotha ready to get his M.X. on."

"Nigga just talk while you got my attention."

"What I'm saying is if Simi would realize that he already has the finer things in life, he wouldn't be chasing all that materialistic B.S." Jaded nodded. "Think about it. If niggas stopped tryna stunt so hard mutha fuckas wouldn't be tryna cop what the next brotha got."

"HOLD UP! So, you're saying I'm fucked if I want a BMW?"

"Nah, man listen. I'm saying if you want the BMW because the next nigga got one and you're using that BMW to con other niggas into thinking your life is better than theirs, then you're fucked."

"So wanting one is cool?"

"Like Ice my dude. Aint like your ugly ass gon' pick up any hoes anyhow." Kuran laughed.

"Fuck you. I ain't doing it for the hoes."

"Good. It would be a waste of time."

"Fuck you." Jaded took a hit.

"I wish niggas spent more time fixin' shit around here."

"Why? Niggas gone mess it up anyway." Jaded released smoke through his nostrils.

"See, here you go only thinking in black and white."

"Explain then, Socrates."

"We gotta be more productive in our communities. The people need us. They're shutting down, getting too comfortable. We're losing our brothers man. Aint nobody paying us enough attention like we don't matter. You see how our own fathers treat us. There ain't enough Black men in the world to be playing daddy when over half of them barely foster they own kids."

"Yeah, fuck my daddy. He left my momma with three kids and three jobs."

"See, that's what I'm talmbout. The reaction from your father's actions is the cause of hate and anger. Somehow, both are built up in a Black man because we waste every second of our lives being tough just to impress the next person on the block."

"I hear what you're saying but I ain't tryna impress nobody."

"Oh yeah?" Jaded nodded. "Then why you tell that girl you'd take her to Red Lobster knowing damn well you can barely keep your phone on every month?"

"I like her."

"You can prove that you like her in other ways. See, women are the light in the world. Help us see clearer. They're simple, once you know what they need instead of giving them what you think they want. All you have to do is listen to her, really listen. Get to know who she is out and in. Bet you by then, even you won't have a hard time finding her G-Spot with yo lilwang wang."

"Man, this is the last time you're going HAM on me. You wish you had a wang wang bigger than mine."

Kuran laughed. There was a long moment of silence between them as if nature's harmony was more welcoming to their lives than the finer thangs. Jaded burst out laughing.

"What's funny?" Kuran asked.

"You. My nigga."

"Why is that?"

"You had this whole rant about niggas fucked cuz they want what's not for them and here you are posing as a nigga. You've been stuffin' yo panties with socks and dildos so long huh? You must've forgottenhuh?"

Kuran forced a chuckle. "After a man you've looked up to for so long takes the only essence that tells you who you are, your world shifts. I don't know if I've become a product of my environment or what God intended for me to be. Fuck it. I've recognized that a man always gets the utmost respect a woman naturally deserves. I may not be actual but the last thing in life I'll ever be again is a bitch. The world can blame my dad for that."

"Explains why yo ass so sentimental at times." Jaded joked. He placed a hand on Kuran's shoulder. "Sorry to hear that man. I was just fuckin with you. Hey! If you ever need a shoulder to cry on let me know. I'm here for you."

Kuran was shocked but grateful for his support. She smiled. "Are you saying that to be nice or hoping to fuck me one day?"

Jaded was caught off guard. "Hell nah! I'm not gay." They both laughed. Just then, several police cars rushed down the street. Jaded looked at his gold watch, "12:30 pm, not bad. At least we spent the morning siren free."

Kuran smiled, "There you go, now you get what I'm saying."

"Yup. It's the little things in life that make the finer thangs worthless."