The friends you make in college are quite possibly some of the most amazing, supportive and fantastic people that you will ever meet and have in your life (besides, of course, your awesome friends back home). You go from complete and total strangers who just so happen to be in the same major or living on the same floor to a group that could never be separated.
These people are always there for you whether they're helping you get through another mental breakdown or celebrating the fact that you just passed an exam. Despite how much you may not be able to stand college, the moment you leave campus for summer break you can't wait to come back to see your friends again. Here are the ten stages that all college students go through when they're missing their friends over summer break.
1. You miss them the moment you leave campus to head back home
I know I just spent the past three weeks complaining about how much I hate my school but can we go back now?
2. You constantly feel like your day is lacking something
What's the point of getting up every day if I'm not in a dorm where I can walk two feet and be surrounded by all my friends?
3. You find yourself texting them and giving them updates on a daily basis
Update: Just pooped, heading to Walmart to buy food and then taking a nap.
4. You tell your inside jokes to your friends back home
And it is extremely uncomfortable and awkward because no one knows what you're talking about since they don't go to school with you.
5. You set up a weekly Skype-date session
...which primarily consists of you watching one another eat.
6. You start a countdown until you get to see each other again
Three months, five days, eighteen hours and three seconds.
7. You make a list of everything you're going to do once you're reunited
Yes, I know we're broke, but we're going to do this, this and this.
8. You talk about how you wish you didn't live so far apart
If I could I would make my parents move so we could be neighbors.
9. You miss going on adventures with them
Your favorite sports, outdoor activities and spontaneous trips will never be the same without them.
10. You book it across campus to find them once you get back
If only we could run like this when we're at the gym. I've missed you so much.