I Am Sick And Tired Of Hearing Christmas Carols Before Thanksgiving

Why do we start celebrating Christmas so early? Halloween just ended and it's not even snowing!

26
author's photo

Now I know that there aren't a lot of us, but I am one of those unique people who has Halloween as their favorite Holiday. Yes, Halloween, not Valentine's day, not Easter, and especially not Christmas. Don't get me wrong, Christmas is a great holiday and I love it as much as the next person, but Christmas is too commercialized..

It just has always bothered me how some people jump straight to Christmas. They really don't care for the other holidays, and the minute Christmas is over they jump right into a countdown mode for next Christmas. The minute November 1st hit I couldn't even count on my hands how many people I know decided to play Christmas music.

Imagine that, October 31st has just ended and people are posting videos of them singing Christmas music. I know you can imagine it because you've probably also experienced it or you are that person. There is nothing wrong with being that person either, I think Christmas people are the most energetic.

My only question, is why can't they keep that same energy for other holidays? I understand that some people just don't like dressing up on Halloween, and I understand that certain people do not celebrate it for religious purposes. Even then does that mean they have to ruin it for the people who do?

I just don't sit around and mope asking when Christmas will come. I do like Christmas and it is fun when it comes, but I like Halloween because I can eat candy and wear a fun outfit. I have had so many people tell me that I am too old for Halloween or question why I still dress up.

The answer is: because it's fun. Holidays do not have age limitations on them and they never have. Putting a limitation or telling someone that "you're too old for this" ruins the magic and ruins the fun.

Besides people ruining the fun I think stores do too. Halloween was on a Wednesday this year, that meant celebrations and parties on the weekend and not the weekday. Imagine my surprise when I walk into Walmart on October 29 and they have an entire section for Christmas.

Christmas gets everything. They have over millions of songs, a lot of them are the same and are just by different people. Christmas also has all the movies, no one can compete with all that Holly Jolly stuff.

Am I the only one who thinks Thanksgiving gets screwed over? I get that Thanksgiving doesn't have catchy jingles or fun outfits to be worn, but I feel like it is seriously underappreciated. To all the people out there looking confused on what the purpose of this article actually is, it's that Thanksgiving is important.

And I'm not talking about it in the sense of evil Pilgrims taking Native Americans for granted. I'm speaking of Thanksgiving as a time for people to be together, help one another, and eat some dope food. That's all I want, for Thanksgiving to be more appreciated.

Can we do that? Enjoy Holidays in the now before we jump into the presents and a glorified fat man that breaks into our house.!