Ten Songs That Will Bring You Back To Your After School Snack Days

If you remember these songs, will you please reminisce with me? We can talk about it while we watch Lizzie McGuire.

60
glamour.com

I was magically struck with a song the other day that I couldn't quite remember the words of, but my eight year old subconscious was screaming at me "Please remember this!" like my entire childhood depended on it.

Then it hit me, the theme song of Lizzie McGuire! Suddenly I was thrown back in time to eating snacks after school sitting in front of the TV before doing my homework. I was thinking about the early 2000's and here's what I came up with.

What Dreams Are Made Of- The Lizzie McGuire Movie

media.giphy.com

I don't know about anybody else, but the first time I ever considered traveling the world was when I saw Lizzie McGuire singing with an international superstar in Rome. I mean come on, a school trip that takes you to meet your doppelgänger and be famous. Hey now, that is what my dreams are made of too, Lizzie.

Any Song From "Jonas Brothers"- The Jonas Brothers

media.giphy.com

Holy 2007, this album was the baseline for my grade school life. Year 3000? Been there, not much has changed. S.O.S? Please someone help me! When You Look Me In The Eyes? Seven year old me expected someone to tell me they loved me. I'm still waiting on that...

Beautiful Soul- Jesse McCartney

media.giphy.com

What ever happened to Jess McCartney? I am one hundred percent sure that he was the first man I loved. What a beautiful soul.

Miranda Cosgrove Made Music

media.giphy.com

We can never forget our beloved Carly Shay and her Nickelodeon bops for the ages. Kissing' U, BAM, Shakespeare?! The Sparks Fly album will forever be stuck in my head. Don't forget the singles either... Dancin' Crazy and Raining Sunshine had me singing into my hairbrush and jumping on my bed for a solid month.

The Cheetah Girls

media.giphy.com

I lived with these movies, all three of them. The sass and musical genius of The Cheetah Girls has to be the reason that I became who I am today.

Potential Breakup Song- Aly & AJ

media.giphy.com

I knew every word to this song at seven years old. If you would have told me then that it would still be relevant in my life today, I probably would have believed you and continued head banging in the Cow Bells movie era.

It's Alright, It's OK- Ashley Tisdale

media.giphy.com

I cannot be the only person that remembers when Ashley Tisdale had brown hair and sang angsty music on Disney Channel in 2009. I'm not right? Ten year old me had finally mastered the art of head banging after Aly & AJ; it led me to this song. I will never be alright or OK because of it.

Speak- Lindsay Lohan

media.giphy.com

Okay, I was four years old when this album came out, but a couple years after I received a hand-me-down Lindsay Lohan CD and it changed my life. We simply cannot let the fact that she made music be forgotten.

Jeanette McCurdy Made Country Music

media.giphy.com

Yes, you read that right. Sam from iCarly released an album of country inspired music in 2012. I don't really know how I actually came across this album in my tween days, but I can't lie, it's really good.

Sneakernight- Vanessa Hudgens

media.giphy.com

Right after High School Musical and High School Musical 2, Vanessa Hudgens released her own music. The most memorable for me is Sneakernight, I remember this being played during commercial breaks and trying to get my mom to buy me basketball sneakers so I could leave them untied and break dance with Vanessa Hudgens.