Tech Week As Told By 'New Girl,' 'Friends' and HIMYM

Tech Week, the one thing in life you can't predict.

7
The Discovery Eye Foundation

Tech Week, the week before the opening of a theater production, is one of the most stressful weeks a thespian will face. When "Hell Week" has you down and you need a laugh, this might be the pick-me-up to help you push through. Stay strong and break a leg.

1. Tech Week Starts on Sunday, so Saturday is a very important, vital day.

It is completely necessary to catch up on as much sleep as possible because it is inevitable that you will get two hours a night.

2. You have to test out and finalize makeup styles.

Without test runs, you might as well look like a clown.

3. Your choreographer gets upset when you can't get every move perfect.

I mean, they have the right to—you've only been practicing for months.

4. Reviewing videos of your performance scares you.

We all dread the moment when you see the one missed step or hear the one note off key.

5. There is always the one person that takes their role a little too seriously.

You try to avoid them but you also admire their dedication.

6. Everyone knows the script of the show like the back of their hand.

Running lines becomes repetitive and annoying. There's always that one person who knows everyone's lines and is always correcting everyone.

7. The entire cast seems to be delirious due to the lack of sleep.

Eventually, everyone is on their fourth wave of energy.

8. Everyone seems to forget his blocking the night before the opening night.

Having to remember every dance move, words for songs, line and movement get pretty confusing. Your brain turns off after a while.

9. There is an excessive amount of food eaten.

Not only do you go through tons and tons of Powerade and Goldfish but every meal is a true blessing.

10. There's that awkward stage kiss that everyone regrets seeing.

You're sure that the whole illusion of the show will be killed because of that single kiss.

11. Bowing is your one chance to take a breath.

You have the instant relief of the show being over but the immediate stress of the next show.

12. When it's all over, you hide the fact that you're completely upset.

But everyone knows that you aren't fine for the simple reason that they're going through the same thing.