Target’s New Womenswear Brand Is The Best Yet

Target Snapped With New And Chic Womenswear Collection; “Wild Fable”

Just in time for back to school shopping, all pieces are under $40

26

Ah, Target. Tar-gét, or however you may pronounce it, it's a store marketed to just about everyone. Target represents every family member's wants and needs of a perfect, affordable, middle-class world—all the way down to their in-store Starbucks. When you step through those sliding automatic glass doors, you're instantly swept into another world, separate from harsh reality. You may find yourself floating around every section of the store. Catch a glimpse here and there of an awe-inspiring item, and you may end up in the new and improved womenswear section, appearing just like a physical UNIF store might.

August 3rd, Target introduced a brand-new, 90's inspired Collection that's far different than their usual more practical or basic clothing lines. Complete with bright, vivid colors, prints, and textures with an edge, it's a perfect opportunity to put together some impressive looks from "Wild Fable." Target describes the newcomer as a "trendy, mix-and-match brand that allows young women to make each look their own." Target's generous size-inclusivity allows this brand to carry sizes from 0 to 26W.

Original Use, the new menswear partner brand, is, according to a company statement, "a street-meets-vintage-modern brand" that "allows young men to experiment with their personal style." It also includes extended sizes as well as tall sizes and everything will range from $10 to $40. Target's Vice President and Chief Merchandising Officer, Mark Trittan, is just as excited about the release. "Both Wild Fable and Original Use were designed to connect to our young guests in a way that's authentic to them and the Target brand. We can't wait for guests to experience these fresh brands and their unique style in environments that inspire creativity and individuality, now and in the future, and only at Target."

It's safe to say there's been an immense improvement in the retail giant's consumer-driven model. Gone are the days of Mossimo tanks and tees,(As similar brands have phased out) and in with the new. Recent changes to their strategy include releases of several brands within a year's time frame. Some of these include "Joylab"; a chic, fashion-forward activewear brand, "A New Day"; trendy, practical pieces that function for any type of event, and "Universal Thread."

Something worthy to be noted about this collection is that with so much plaid, one could perfectly dress up as just about every character from the movie "Clueless." Cher Horowitz would nod in approval.