Talking Face Masks With JewelErry

Talking Face Masks With JewelErry

As wearing a face covering when around others can significantly decrease your chance of catching or spreading COVID-19, Erica Bernstein of JewelErry has found a way to make safety trendy.

40
Talking Face Masks With JewelErry
Photo by Erica Bernstein: @shopjewelerry on Instagram

With public places and college campuses slowly starting to open back up, and face coverings being required all across the nation, the hottest (and most necessary) new accessory has got to be the face mask.

Erica Bernstein of Long Island based jewelry business JewelErry (@shopjewelerry on Instagram) has recognized the demand for face masks in both the medical field and consumer market since the beginning of the pandemic. Although her brand's main focus has traditionally been jewelry, accessories and custom patches, the need for face masks has brought new opportunities for JewelErry. She began by creating and donating handmade bandana and ribbon masks to hospitals all around NY and NJ, which was a labor-intensive, but rewarding process.

"My mom and I [were] at the sewing machines from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and then we [did] the labels and the packaging. We have time here, so we might as well do some good with it," Bernstein said in our interview.

Since then, Bernstein has continued donating to hospitals in her area, while greatly expanding her mask business to her customers. With this expansion, Bernstein has introduced a wide variety of mask products, like new stretchable ones with custom patches and beaded chains to attach to your mask so you never lose it.

Bernstein in her stretchy star-patched mask and black mask chainPhoto by Erica Bernstein

"I'm sticking with what people like and just trying to come out with new colors and designs to keep my brand different, because now everyone sells masks," Bernstein said. She has been repurposing patches and beads that she already owned to create unique masks and chains.

With over three story highlights and many feed posts including these masks, Bernstein has used her Instagram presence of about 10.7k followers to help grow her business. She said, "People have been sending me pictures of themselves in the masks and I have worked a lot with influencers, which has been amazing [for promoting them]." In order to reach an array of potential customers she reached out to many fashion, food, lifestyle and fitness influencers with different audiences to post in the masks.

Since masks don't seem to be going away any time soon, Bernstein acknowledges that as well as keeping you healthy, they can also add to an outfit. "I [match my outfit with my mask] now because there are so many options," said Bernstein. "If you're going to wear it for a long period of time, you might as well match with it."

Bernstein has brought style and safety together during these unprecedented times. While the future might be unknown for post-pandemic life, it is certain that you can find a cute and original mask on www.jewelerry.com.

Shop face masks at www.jewelerry.comAbby Jarecki

Related Articles Around the Web