How To Finish Out The School Year Using These Girl Boss Tips

Shut Off The Netflix And Follow These 8 Steps To Become The Ultimate Girl Boss To Finish Off School

A nap may feel amazing, but so does crossing everything off your to-do list!

331

Spring break is over. Finals are rapidly approaching. You know that you have multitudes upon multitudes of projects, essays, and exams that have to be completed within the next month or so. Yet, your only desire is to lay in bed and binge the newest season of Queer Eye. Trust me, I am currently living the excruciating pain of going back for the final few weeks of school. So, I feel you. But, the procrastination can only last so long and there is a moment where you have to get up out of bed, turn off Netflix, and start doing the work. So, stop being the definition of a couch potato and become the ultimate girl boss.

1. Start getting up earlier.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuwUbkSHu3y/

For most, waking up at 11 a.m. can be really easy to do, especially if you were up until 3 a.m. scrolling through Instagram. However, it's not the healthiest and, in my opinion, makes your day feel WAY shorter than if you were to wake up around 9 a.m. Now, I'm not telling you to wake up at 5 a.m. or anything like that. But, during the last few weeks of school, wake up 45 minutes to an hour earlier than you normally do. This can be the time where you relax, drink a cup of coffee, and do all your social media scrolling. Take this time to really focus on you and get yourself in the right headspace to start the day. By waking up just a bit earlier, this can give you some extra time to make sure you're all prepared for the day, put yourself in a positive mood, and to even work on some tasks if you have the time.

2. Make your bed as soon as you wake up.

https://unsplash.com/photos/i_q8BWT80TE

Making my bed is an essential to me having a productive day. One reason being that if I make my bed as soon as I wake up, I don't have the urge to just crawl back in later on. Making your bed makes your room look so much cleaner and honestly, if you weren't going to do anything else that day, at least you made your day. It's one less thing to worry about and one more thing to cross off your to-do list.

3. Write down all your tasks.

https://unsplash.com/photos/flRm0z3MEoA

Whether you use a planner, the Notes app on your phone, or (my preferred method) making little sticky notes on your computer, WRITE IT DOWN. By writing everything down, you can visually see your workload rather than just getting stressed about everything in your head. I personally write down, literally everything. From when I have to go to work, to my actual assignments, to even little reminders. By planning out my week, I can visually see what needs to be done and by when. Plus, if you're really feeling productive, you can even start planning ahead to the following week. Plus, crossing all your accomplished tasks is SO satisfying.

4. Study somewhere besides your bed, room, house, etc.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs8svWMg7EA/

Sure, you can study at your desk, but in the comfort of your own space, there is a lot of room for procrastination and distractions. If I'm sitting in my dorm room, the likelihood that I will get distracted is pretty high. I will suddenly feel the urge to scroll through Pinterest or do a face mask. But, if I go to a coffee shop off campus or even just too random seating area on campus, I am more likely to actually focus and get my work done. I know that this environment is where I am supposed to be productive. Plus, this is a really fun thing you can do with friends. You can go explore new places on campus or around your city. So, it's a win-win situation.

5. No matter how busy you are, take care of yourself first.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkqS9wLloc2/

It is so important to practice self care. But, self care isn't just face masks and bubble baths. If you aren't getting the right amount of sleep, drinking enough water, eating correctly, and spending time with your loved ones, you'll be completely off. Sure, the workload may feel overwhelming, but put yourself first. If you're headspace isn't in the right place, you won't be able to finish the work. And if you do, it might not be good grade worthy. So, take the extra time to care for yourself, so that way you are putting your best into your work.

6. Reward yourself.

https://unsplash.com/photos/jtmwD4i4v1U

Now, I'm not saying reward yourself for every little task, but if you have been studying for a solid few hours or completed all your tasks for that day, treat yourself. Buy yourself a coffee or a pastry, allow yourself to go hang out with friends, or even watch an episode of your favorite show. You deserve it. Just make sure you don't go overboard. You have to limit yourself.

7. Put effort into one part of your physical appearance.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtWaMMDFq8V/

Rather than wearing sweat pants and a messy bun to class, try putting on an outfit you really love. Or, do your makeup that day. Even by doing your hair one day, you can feel a lot more put together. Sure, sweats are really comfortable, but if I stay in clothes that feel like pajamas, I'll just want to take a nap. I'm not saying for you to get super dressed up or go all out, but by focusing on one part of your physical appearance, you'll feel a lot better. For me, if I don't do my makeup, I feel super lazy. So, I can still wear a pair of leggings and a messy bun, but by putting time and effort into my makeup, I feel like I am ready for the day. By trying a little bit in the morning, you'll want to go outside of your room and be productive!

8. Surround yourself with other Girl Bosses!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpIQ_4glhWn/

By surrounding yourself with people who have similar goals and actions will inspire you to be a girl boss too! If I can't find the motivation to study, I'll text one of my best friends and invite her to study with me. If we are both studying together, I really get motivated to study and crank work out. I also love to follow other girl bosses on social media! There are so many bloggers or YouTubers that I follow on Instagram, watch on Youtube, or listen to their podcasts. By constantly viewing or hearing about how productive they are being, it makes me want to get work done too!

I know you miss the beach and fun times from spring break and summer is so close, but don't let the next few weeks slip by and mess up your GPA. By getting yourself mentally and physically prepared, you are for sure going to finish this school year out as being a super productive, organized girl boss!