summer in Long Island

Summers On Long Island Are Incomparable, I Can't Wait For Another One

There's nothing like it.

62
Taylor Lauri

Definitely not being biased, but everyone should come to Long Island in the summer at least once! Summers on Long Island are by far the best there is. The beaches are breathtaking, the food is to die for and the place to go, are endless. My family and friends love doing so many different things during the summer time on Long Island that we are lucky to have. I never really thought about it before coming to college, but after being away from home for so long, I realized how amazing my home is. I am so grateful that I live in such an amazing place that I get to call my home.

Can you spot the lighthouse? Taylor Lauri

The beaches on Long Island are breathtaking! My friends and I not only love going to the beach and soaking up the sun, but we also love to explore the beaches and take lots of pictures. Montauk is arguably the best place to go on Long Island for a true beach view. You can go all the way to the end of the island and look out on the water. There's an endless amount of cute shops and delicious restaurants to go to. If you're looking for a cute shopping day in the sun, you have to go to the Hamptons! Coffee shops and stores fill the towns with pretty flowers all around!

Sunflower fields are the best! Taylor Lauri

There are so many sunflower fields and flower fields on Long Island that make for a perfect day in the sun. My friends and I love going out East and frolicking through the pretty fields. It's a perfect place to get those Instagram pictures and to just soak up the sun.

Farm stands for days! Taylor Lauri

My favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning is to go to our local farm stand with my mom. We buy way too many flowers, fruits, and vegetables. I could spend hours there looking at all the flowers and fresh food. We also have a farmers market in a big field in my town where local businesses set up tents. This happens every Saturday and my mom and I love to go and buy stuff we don't need! There's one stand that has the best peach pie that we get every time we go!

Could the water look any more perfect? Taylor Lauri

Multiple times a week in the summer, my best friends and I go to this place where we can sit in our car, eat ice cream and look at the beautiful water. It's been almost like a tradition in our town and everyone goes. The best thing to do after a long day at work or a long day at the beach is to come here with friends and gossip!