Summer Classes Can Be Great Or Not So Great

Summer Classes Can Either Be Great Or Not So Great

The one thing to dread to having a carefree summer: summer classes.

6
people with laptops

Summer classes can be great or not so great. But I will tell you one thing, it's a stressful summer over a carefree summer.

Summer classes can be great, simply for the fact that you can get ahead on credits. The best part is that some classes are even offered completely online. This makes it a bit better, considering you don't have to go to class. What sucks about that right? Well, there is an issue. If you're someone who doesn't check on deadlines, then an online class might not be for you. Summer classes online tend to move at a more fast pace than a class that meets in person. It's VERY easy to miss a deadline, and even just missing one, can affect your grade drastically.

Another thing about taking summer classes is that you have to be kind of responsible. It may be summer, but you have homework, quizzes, tests, and papers to keep on top of. You can't make plans before you make sure all your stuff is done. It can be stressful, especially if you're working and trying to keep your social life alive.

The great parts about summer classes are getting ahead on credits, online classes, but the greatest part would defiantly be not falling out of the school grind. Yeah, come at me all you want but I will say it's nice to keep in a grind. Usually, over summer, I don't write, read, or even think remotely about school but taking classes helps me stay in the mindset of school. For me, it's easy to balance classes, work, and my social life because I get my work done early in the week. I will admit, it does get stressful if you don't keep up with deadlines, but if you're organized, you can do it.