Summer Shoots

Ah, summer is finally in full swing now that classes are temporarily over. Granted, I am quite confident that most of you have vacation plans to wind down and celebrate another academic year completed. With that in mind, there is no doubt in my mind that a good 50% of that trip (or more) will be comprised of capturing those moments through the lens. Whether that means using your own iPhone or your dad's ultra-expensive DSLR camera, I would like to share with y'all a few tips and pointers on making the most out of capturing images during the summer.

1. Lighting

During the summer, the lighting (in my opinion) tends to be a little bit more intense— and more intense lighting means less flattering portrait images of your parents wanting that candid image standing in front of the Eiffel Tower. Keep in mind that the lighting is going to be more intense so its imperative to give backlit lighting techniques a go. It's basically facing your back against the sun— thus creating an evenly distributed light in the fact and torso.

2. Gear

Realistically, you don't need a camera loaded with 2 DSLRS, 10 different lenses, and 3 different flashes. Literally your iPhone is one of the best cameras to have considering its many functions (video, photo, and SLO-MO feature)— the argument can be made that it is more practical than a DSLR! After all, it is significantly lighter and you'll be able to post content on the Gram a lot more efficiently on an iPhone vs DSLR.

There you have it! These two tips are rather simple, but I think it's imperative to thoroughly understand the significance of each. I hope you all have a wonderful summer filled with lots of fun, rest, and content producing. Happy shooting y'all!