Everyone Loves Adding A New Fur Baby To The Family, But Nobody Loves These 10 Things Every Puppy Needs

At least they're cute.

44

So getting a new puppy is probably one of the most exciting things EVER. For my family, we lost a dog to old age but still had another older dog. He was missing his friend so we decided to get a new dog to keep him company! But, since we've had the same dogs for 10+ years we completely forgot about the struggles of having a new puppy. Here are some of the things we have encountered in these last few weeks with our new addition:

1. Trying, well attempting, to potty train.

You forget how small their bladers are and how they find the need to go anytime and anywhere!

2. Puppies have their teeth coming in which means they are trying to bite everything.

Ankles, fingers, ears, clothing, nothing is off limits.

3. No matter when or where, it is ALWAYS play time!

Especially at 3 a.m., that's clearly the best time to play!

4. SEPARATION ANXIETY is a huge problem.

You will have to deal with a lot of crying at first (for maybe you and the puppy).

5. It is impossible to stay mad at your new family member.

No matter what she breaks or tears up she is still the cutest thing EVER!

6. Our new puppy loves our older dog, our older dog is trying to tolerate the puppy.

Maybe one day they'll become best friends?

7. I swear puppies have a death wish.

They are completely fearless and always want to go on an adventure through the house.

8. You will freak out whenever they are out of sight and you hear a loud noise.

*mini anxiety attack wondering what puppy got into* and then you have to immediately go search for puppy.

9. Be prepared for your phone to be dedicated to new puppy pictures.

And all those pictures will probably also get posted on social media.....

10. All puppies must grow up one day.

Enjoy the ups and downs while they last... you're going to miss the puppy days!

There are a few struggles with having a new puppy but they are all worth it for your new family member.