Please Stop Hating Each Other, Love Has Already WON

Whoever taught you to hate somebody because they were different than you was ignorant and incorrect.

289

I'm going to say it, because it seems like nobody else in this world will.

Stop. Hating. Each other.

Tell me what the one thing, above all, that matters to you is? Take whatever your answer is and boil it down. You'll find that your real answer is happiness. We all just want to live our lives happy.

So can somebody please tell me why we wreck each others happiness with hatred? Does it make you happy to rip other people down like that? Are you not happy yourself, so you want to rip those around you that are happy down, just so it makes you feel better too?

If you want happiness, why are you taking it away from other people?

Before you keep reading, I'm going to stop right here and say what you're thinking. "People hating me doesn't make me unhappy." And to an extent, I agree with that. But at some point in your life, somebody you cared about, whether it be a friend, teacher, role model, parent, family member, boss, coworker or even a stranger, said something about you that hurt you. They insulted your character, your decision, the way you dressed, your sexual orientation, used a racial slur, or made a joke and it hurt you. You'd be lying if you said that didn't happen in your entire lifetime up to this very moment.

Now, I'm also going to point out that, even if you still say that never happened to you, you probably hurt somebody else and you were to oblivious and self centered to see it yourself. You said something to somebody who cared about your opinion, whether it be, your parents, your grandparents, your siblings, your family, your friend, your students, your employees, your child, the girl at the grocery store, the guy at the bar, a complete stranger that didn't mean to run into you, and you hurt them.

Now that we got that out of the way, and we all know that we've both ruined somebody else's happiness and also had our own happiness shattered, let me say it again. Louder this time for the people in the back.

Stop. Hating. Each other.

Stop putting people down because they are happy and you are not. Who cares what happened, who cares about who left who, what she did to you three years ago, what he said last week at that party, or what she wore to the club last night? I'll tell you who cares. Nobody, nobody cares. And if they do care, they don't matter because they don't want to see you happy.

Tell me why you hate somebody because they were born different than you. The pigment of their skin isn't the pigment of yours, they like the same sex, they talk different than you, they have different beliefs or religion than you. So what? Whoever taught you to hate somebody because they were different than you was ignorant and incorrect. They can't change the color of their skin. They can't change who they love. They can't change the way they talk. And don't even get me started on religion- who cares that they love a different god than you do, or serve their god different than you do?

Ever heard of the golden rule?

Treat others how you want to be treated.

Do you want to be treated the way you treated your mom last night at dinner, the way you treated your girlfriend last night at the party, the way you treated your employee when she messed up the order, the way you treated your son when he spilled his pop and cried in the restaurant, or the way you treated the lady at the store last night? Would you like if somebody posted that comment on your Instagram post, called you that in a Facebook comment, roasted you in a tweet? Would you like to be treated the way you're treating the people around you? If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it.

Stop beating each other up over things we can't change; what's that even doing? Stop wanting to pass laws so we can't have equal rights; that doesn't even make sense. Stop roasting your ex on twitter; does it really make you feel better? Why don't you care for each other, love each other and lift each other up? Is it really that hard for you to say something nice? Do you really have that much hate in your heart that all you can do is let that tongue of yours spit fire and hate instead of love and kindness? If you can't treat anyone with respect, then don't expect respect in return. If you can't give somebody a break over things they can't change about themselves and let them be happy, then you don't deserve happiness yourself.

Can you hear me yet? Stop hating each other.

We all want to be happy. So stop hating each other for wanting the same damn thing, be happy for others when they are happy, be there when they are sad, love each other the way you want to be loved and lets make this world what we all want it to be.

Happy.

End rant.