Stop Complaining About Getting Older

Stop Complaining About Getting Older

Embrace the aging process.

216
Stop Complaining About Getting Older
Media Cache

The day we are born is a celebration because it is the day we were brought into this world. That day becomes our birthday for the rest of our life. Everyone has a birthday once a year, whether we are 2 or 92, it is still a day to celebrate our birth.

When I was a kid, I remember everyone used to always joke about getting old. My parents always joke around saying that they are turning 29 for the 10th time. They never seem to age. They are always turning 29 every year. Everyone always complains about their birthdays and as we start to age, we tend to look forward to our special day less and less.

I just recently had my birthday and it got me thinking.

I am approaching the end of my twenties. I only have two years left until I will be thirty. I, too, started to feel the same way about my birthday. I wished I could stay 25 forever. That seems like a good age to be, right?

I realized on my birthday this year, I was saying the same things and I was complaining about not wanting to age. All of a sudden, I now understand why they didn’t want to get any older.

But as I kept thinking about it, why do we complain? Why do we complain about getting gray hairs and wrinkles? Why do people complain about their body changing and it not looking the same as it did ten years ago? Sure, we all want to be young forever. But we can’t. This is what happens as we get older. We age. It is the cycle of human nature. We get older.

But instead of complaining about it, why not still continue to celebrate it? Don’t be ashamed to tell someone how old you are. I have asked people their age too many times and their response was, “Oh, I can’t tell you that.”

Why would you ashamed to have been alive this long? Be proud that you turned 60 or however old that you are.

I realized that anyone that is still alive is truly blessed to still be here. I am not even thirty yet and I know so many people that has passed away. I know people that I went to high school with who did not make it.

Every day is a gift. Every day is a blessing. We don’t know what the future may hold. We never know when will be our last day on earth. Anything could happen at any given moment. So, instead of complaining about getting older, instead of complaining about having another birthday, cherish it. Embrace it. You are blessed to be celebrating another year. Don’t take it for granted.