There's Nothing Wrong With Staying In Every Once In A While
Education

Life can be exhausting sometimes and it's nice to just stay in and chill.

225

My second year of college, I began to embrace the mantra of college days and partied. People joke that partying is the main reason people attend college, but I never thought I would be one of those party kids until I discovered the magic of house shows.

However, every once in a while, I just need to stay the heck in, lounge on my couch in my sweats and hang out with my kitten. Life can be exhausting sometimes and it's nice to just stay in and chill.

The last two weekends, I have spent at least one night in and it's been exactly what I needed. This last weekend I ended up cleaning my apartment on Friday night and woke up to a sparkling clean place on Saturday morning without a hangover! Such an amazing feeling.

top of the world

Just because you're staying in doesn't mean you can't have fun! You could invite some friends over and watch some movies while hanging out. Staying in with a book that I've been dying to read doesn't sound like a horrible way to spend my nights either.

I think my favorite part about deciding to stay in is the ability to do whatever I want to do. I could just watch movies or binge watch a show on Hulu or play some video games. The world of my Friday night is open to whatever activity I want to do to achieve the ultimate level of relaxation.

hedgehog

The true irony of this story is I realized how much I like to stay in once in a while after turning 21. Typically, I feel like most people go HOG wild after turning 21 and drink and smoke a ton that year. I seem to be going the opposite route, but I'm not mad about it at all. I'll be staying in and enjoying a nice bath while reading my fave book instead of getting beer spilled on me at a club.