Stages of Going to a Summer Concert as Told by Taylor Swift

Spending money on concert tickets never goes out of style.

23

You happen to see the tour announcement online, or maybe you've been stalking your favorite artist's social media for months waiting to see those concert dates appear. Summer just isn't complete without going to a concert or two.

You casually text some of your friends to see if they want to go with you, pretending that this isn't most important thing that's ever happened. But some of them don't get it.

And this is how you react.

But, then, you finally find those awesome friends who are just as into the artist as you are and agree to go with you.

Then, it's time to buy the tickets. There is so much anticipation waiting and hoping that you'll be lucky enough to get them. You set your alarm for when they go on sale, and the minutes tick by like hours as you sit in front of your computer.

Of course, the second they go on sale you get them! The group text is blowing up and it's finally becoming real. You're going.

Now, it's time to get prepared. You make a playlist of all of the songs you hope they perform and listen to it everywhere -- at your summer job, in the shower and in the car with your friends.

And a trip (or three) to the mall is absolutely necessary to find the perfect concert outfit so you can get all of those Insta likes.

You and your friends are practicing your dance moves constantly, working on drawing that perfect line between having fun while looking cool.

Finally, you wake up and the day of the concert is here. You and your friends spend all day freaking out and getting ready until it's finally time to leave. And if you're going to a concert somewhere far away, it's a built-in road trip! Two summer bucket list items checked off in one day.

When you get there, you can't even believe it's real. You're actually there and you're going to see your favorite artist perform right in front of your eyes in a matter of minutes.

After all your waiting, they take the stage, and it's basically the best thing that's ever happened to you.

You and your friends dance the night away and sing until your voices are gone. After it's all over, you can't wait to start planning for the next one.